By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XB1 will win November NPD, and that's what it deserves

Do you think it will?

Yes 248 24.63%

No 581 57.70%

Maybe 174 17.28%

Total:1,003
kowenicki said:

Are you going to continue to be off topic and generalise in an abusive way?

OT

possible but it will be very close if they do manage it.

I just think say "it deserves" to win it's talk like a fanboy. They have 2 games more the ps4, a little pricecut... And that's it. Even if they win november, it won't last. 

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
Mr_No said:

They might deserve it. But even with all the 3 bundles, I doubt they can pull out November. I've noticed that Microsoft always tends to go all out in November like it's their month. While I see the bundles selling a lot, I don't see any of them outselling the PS4, not even combined with normal retail units.

Take a look at Amazon. The XB1 + COD: AW bundle is outselling all PS4 SKU's right now, and the XB1 + AC IV: BF + AC: U bundle is also rising. It is very clear that XB1 will win.

And here I thought that using Amazon as an indicator for these things wasn't very accurate.

Please just ignore Celtic_L's earlier posts.

Thanks.

OT: I think it will win. Microsoft have introduced some outstanding deals for America this time out and with Halo: MCC I think they have the best software aimed at the American market.

If xbox doesn't win NPD this month I don't know if it ever will. Sunset overdrive just came out, MCC comes out, exclusive bundles, advertisement for COD and Assassins Creed. It has DLC first for DA: Inquisition which might tempt more people to buy on xbox than ps4 and I suppose only Far cry 4 would be working in Sonys favour.

Carl2291 said:
Please just ignore Celtic_L's earlier posts.

Thanks.

OT: I think it will win. Microsoft have introduced some outstanding deals for America this time out and with Halo: MCC I think they have the best software aimed at the American market.

You said it better than me lol.

Around the Network

While it possible it's not a give people should understand that Usa is not loyal to any console

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Prior to the announcement of these insane deals I thought they'd win CoD week and Halo:MCC week, which would've gave them a decent shot at winning the month anyway but these deals have sealed the deal. There's no way the PS4 is gonna win Novemver without a temporary price cut like the Xbones

Mr_No said:
GTAexpert said:
Mr_No said:

They might deserve it. But even with all the 3 bundles, I doubt they can pull out November. I've noticed that Microsoft always tends to go all out in November like it's their month. While I see the bundles selling a lot, I don't see any of them outselling the PS4, not even combined with normal retail units.

Take a look at Amazon. The XB1 + COD: AW bundle is outselling all PS4 SKU's right now, and the XB1 + AC IV: BF + AC: U bundle is also rising. It is very clear that XB1 will win.

And here I thought that using Amazon as an indicator for these things wasn't very accurate.

The amazon hourly charts are pretty much useless.  They show a snapshot and not a good picture.  The yearly best sellers list can give you a range of what is selling better and a better idea.

Every month people hope the Xbox One will win in the US, it's just not going to happen. PS4 is the primary console this generation, even in the US and the UK. Some bundles and a price drop and certainly a remake won't make a difference. Remember the PS4 will also get it's november/december boost which on itself will be much bigger than the boost the Xbox One will get.

kowenicki said:
Celtic_L said:
kowenicki said:

Are you going to continue to be off topic and generalise in an abusive way?

OT

possible but it will be very close if they do manage it.

I just think say "it deserves" to win it's talk like a fanboy. They have 2 games more the ps4, a little pricecut... And that's it. Even if they win november, it won't last. 

so you are going to continue ot be abusive..

Don't worry Kow, this will make you feel better.

He won't hurt you anymore.

OP: It's certainly possible, but saying the Xbox One "deserves" to win is odd. Nobody owes MS a  purchase, it's up to them to make it worth buying.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.