By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Yet The Fastest Selling Console Of The History

Zekkyou said:
Deeds said:

Necrobumping threads like these are going to more hilarious than Three's Company. :D

Why? Almost everyone expects the Wii to up end up ahead eventually, at least in the medium term. The PS4's primary potential advantage over the Wii will be legs, since the Wii's sales peaked pretty quickly (2nd full year). Many of us are just surprised the PS4 has managed to stay ahead for so long :p

Not only is this thread cringeworthy which is funny in itself but I've already made a prediction. Let's see if it comes true. ;)

Around the Network

This factually WRONG. If you stop counting after 1 day (which we only have sony word to go on) The Wii absolutely crushes the PS4.

Deeds said:
Zekkyou said:

Why? Almost everyone expects the Wii to up end up ahead eventually, at least in the medium term. The PS4's primary potential advantage over the Wii will be legs, since the Wii's sales peaked pretty quickly (2nd full year). Many of us are just surprised the PS4 has managed to stay ahead for so long :p

Not only is this thread cringeworthy which is funny in itself but I've already made a prediction. Let's see if it comes true. ;)

How is it cringe worthy? Until a few months ago many of us expected the PS4 to fall behind the Wii this Q. For it to still be ahead is worthy of discussion.

I assume that's the prediction ka-pi mentioned? The one about how the PS4 and X1's sales will go against the trends set by every major Sony, Nintendo and MS home console ever released and "drop off a cliff" in their 2nd year? ^^

Partaaaay! Go PS4!

SonyShillSite said:
This factually WRONG. If you stop counting after 1 day (which we only have sony word to go on) The Wii absolutely crushes the PS4.

I've read this half a dozen times now and i still haven't a clue what it's trying to say. Can someone translate it? The poster is banned

Around the Network

I cant stop looking at that GIF XD

Hats off to Sony! Keep breaking records!

I dont see it greatly reducing momentum any time soon tbh. It may not have crazy bumps but i think its still going to have a great holiday and a good year ahead. For Japan, the limited edition metal slime PS4 was sold out (hopefully there were a lot made) and some JRPGs (or some Japanese titles) are on the way between November 2014 and February 2015 to help boost its sales over there.

Take a look at this UK deal for example;

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-with-cod-advanced-warfare-day-zero-the-last-of-us-remastered-download-destiny-vanguard-and-ps-12-months-316269?categoryIdentifier=737200&catGroupId=

US just needs something similar for the holidays and then that would probably sustain them for the hoidays and ahead

CGI-Quality said:
Sentient_Nebula said:
I guess the PS4 did outsell the Wii if your cherry-pick the time frame.

The Wii was pretty far ahead of the PS4 before Destiny came along.

Well, aren't games supposed to sell systems?

Exactly. PS domination

Hats of to Sony! This is a great achievement no matter how you look at it. But shouldn't the title be "fastest shipping console ever" ;)?

Ka-pi96 said:

Here is the actual post with his 'prediction'.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6791442

So not only are the PS4 and X1 going to break the trend of having a better 2nd year than 1st, but he believes they're both going to drop to 30k a week? The same sales of a console that's been out almost a decade?