By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Yet The Fastest Selling Console Of The History

CGI-Quality said:
Erwin-VGC said:
CGI-Quality said:

Less than the PS3? Based on what, exactly?

PS3 had no smartphone and tablet gaming in the beginning, and the upcoming SteamOS an machines/boxes. And the PS3 was on par with high-end PC's at launch, PS4 not.

And what has that translated into? A system breaking records faster than it can be produced. Thus, none of what you mentioned is any sign that things will suddenly drop-off.

Wanna bet? :)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Erwin-VGC said:

Wanna bet? :)

Nope. I don't do internet bets. All one has to do is watch the numbers. They just shipped a total of 13.5 million machines. That's nearly 20%, in just the first year (a year to surely be one of its lowest), of the PS3's install base. If the things you mentioned are not causing any issue now, while the system is at its highest price and weakest in regards to library, how will your viewpoint hold up when it gets its heavy hitters and recieves price cuts?

The same.

2008ProchargedGT said:
marley said:
ethomaz said:

You are posting anedocal assumptions...

I'm posting facts reported in financial documents...

Yeap... I believe any supposed theory about "you need to understand that Wii..." is damage control.

I'm not saying what you posted isn't a fact.  I'm saying the comparisons being made are faulty.  Leaving out important information in a direct comparison is misleading.  I'm not sure why anyone would pretend that it isn't.  Directly comparing the sales of a product that is fully stocked, to one that was heavily supply constrained is deceiving. 

It's like someone championing that the WiiU outsold the 'fastest selling' PS4 by 4,225,172m units!  Wow those are amazing sales and it's factually true.  Who cares that the PS4 had not released yet, right?  That's not important information to include in such a sales comparison.....  Or when Nintendo fans compared the WW launch sales of the Wii against the Japan only launch sales of the PS2 - making the Wii launch sales look particularly good.   These comparisons are based on facts - but that doesn't mean they aren't faulty.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't post about the PS4 being the fastest selling console of all time.  I'm saying that you should have an asterisk attached to it.

Btw, I'm not sure where you are getting 'anecdotal assumption' from.  The demand the Wii faced in it's first two years is far from anecdotal - there are more than enough sources documenting it.  Also, I never once made the assumption that the Wii would be the fastest selling console if it wasn't supply constrained.  The 'assumption' being referrenced above (in a partial quote tree) is the assumption that the Wii had strong demand not being met, which as I already pointed out, is not really much of an assumption.   Take it however you want.

I know I said I wasnt going to resomd to you again but this was too good. It just shows what your agenda was from the start. Damage control and diminish the succes of the PS4.

The fact that you can't admit the direct comparison is flawed shows that you're suffering from bias confirmation.  Anyone looking at the comparison objectively would be able to see that it is flawed.  When the sales of two items are being directly compared, you can't expect people to not point out something hugely important like product availability.  If you can't admit that, then certainly can't claim that you have any sort of impartiality in the subject.

marley said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
marley said:
ethomaz said:

You are posting anedocal assumptions...

I'm posting facts reported in financial documents...

Yeap... I believe any supposed theory about "you need to understand that Wii..." is damage control.

I'm not saying what you posted isn't a fact.  I'm saying the comparisons being made are faulty.  Leaving out important information in a direct comparison is misleading.  I'm not sure why anyone would pretend that it isn't.  Directly comparing the sales of a product that is fully stocked, to one that was heavily supply constrained is deceiving. 

It's like someone championing that the WiiU outsold the 'fastest selling' PS4 by 4,225,172m units!  Wow those are amazing sales and it's factually true.  Who cares that the PS4 had not released yet, right?  That's not important information to include in such a sales comparison.....  Or when Nintendo fans compared the WW launch sales of the Wii against the Japan only launch sales of the PS2 - making the Wii launch sales look particularly good.   These comparisons are based on facts - but that doesn't mean they aren't faulty.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't post about the PS4 being the fastest selling console of all time.  I'm saying that you should have an asterisk attached to it.

Btw, I'm not sure where you are getting 'anecdotal assumption' from.  The demand the Wii faced in it's first two years is far from anecdotal - there are more than enough sources documenting it.  Also, I never once made the assumption that the Wii would be the fastest selling console if it wasn't supply constrained.  The 'assumption' being referrenced above (in a partial quote tree) is the assumption that the Wii had strong demand not being met, which as I already pointed out, is not really much of an assumption.   Take it however you want.

I know I said I wasnt going to resomd to you again but this was too good. It just shows what your agenda was from the start. Damage control and diminish the succes of the PS4.

The fact that you can't admit the direct comparison is flawed shows that you're suffering from bias confirmation.  Anyone looking at the comparison objectively would be able to see that it is flawed.  When the sales of two items are being directly compared, you can't expect people to not point out something hugely important like product availability.  If you can't admit that, then certainly can't claim that you have any sort of impartiality in the subject.

That same logic could be applied to the PS for through Apr. So its ok to lable supply constraints for one manufature but ignore the other!?

CGI-Quality said:

Nope. I don't do internet bets. All one has to do is watch the numbers. They just shipped a total of 13.5 million machines. That's nearly 20%, in just the first year (a year to surely be one of its lowest), of the PS3's install base. If the things you mentioned are not causing any issue now, while the system is at its highest price and weakest in regards to library, how will your viewpoint hold up when it gets its heavy hitters and recieves price cuts?

As of more than 4 weeks ago, fyi :)

Around the Network

Only because it's overtracked.

Kyuu said:
outlawauron said:
Kyuu said:

Disappointing as it is, they're just 3 fanmade games. Still better than nothing I guess.

All Touhou games are fanmade games......

Wrong. All the touhou games made by ZUN aren't fanmade. Maybe unless we consider him a fan of himself since Touhou is his creation. Every bit of it.

Official Touhou games:

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/ZUN#Games

Fanmade (like the three games being ported to the PS4/Vita):

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fangames

Most of the events that take place in touhou fan works aren't even canon to Touhou.

It's a doujin work, and that's all I meant by fan made. I would consider all doujin work unrelated to Touhou to also be the same.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

TheDrill said:

TheDrill said:

Based on the FACT that 13.5 million were shipped by OCT 1st even if not one single console was shipped since then that would put 1.2 million on shelevs now. Its very unlikely its overtracked however its highly likley its undertracked.