By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Yet The Fastest Selling Console Of The History

outlawauron said:
Kyuu said:
ethomaz said:

Announced at TGS Sony Conference... it is PS4/Vita.

You can read more here: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01/new-touhou-project-game-coming-ps4/

It is not one game... it is more.

Disappointing as it is, they're just 3 fanmade games. Still better than nothing I guess.

All Touhou games are fanmade games......

I count any of the numbered games as official, eg: 6 ... 9.5 ... 12 ... 12.3 ... etc.

Everything else is a fangame. They're not bad... as long as they're good.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Around the Network

Kyuu said:

Disappointing as it is, they're just 3 fanmade games. Still better than nothing I guess.

I guessed to be fanmade was one of the key points of the franchise

I dont think the ps4 will sell quite as well as people expect. I predict 70 million, with xbox at 30 million and wii u on 25 million

Jt0956 said:
I dont think the ps4 will sell quite as well as people expect. I predict 70 million, with xbox at 30 million and wii u on 25 million

Explain why????? Or people will laugh with your statement :)

Soundwave said:

Most overrated system ever I'm sorry, it's just true, the first year lineup is mediocre compared to other successful consoles. X1 has a better library right now so does the Wii U. Even Sony themselves admit they don't know why it's selling so well. 

I'm sure in time the games like Uncharted and God of War will come and it will live up to its billing, but right now this is mostly on the back of hype and MS making some early mistakes that they've rectified but people are still giving them crap for.

Even the Wii which had a lot of garbage shovelware its first year still brought Zelda: TP, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy to the table within 12 months (and Wii Sports, if that's your thing). 

I love your tears.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

marley said:

It's really not much of an assumption.  Their sales are quite close and people were still lining up at stores and camping out for Wiis during it's first two years.  Demand was not even close to being met until some 25m consoles later.   There is nothing wrong with championing PS4's sales numbers.  They are fantastic.  However, the comparison being made is quite flawed.  Leaving out a very important fact in this sales comparison (and in your case pretending it doesn't even exist at all), simply to reinforce held views on the subject is disingenuous at best.  But whatever floats your boat.

You are posting anedocal assumptions...

I'm posting facts reported in financial documents...

Yeap... I believe any supposed theory about "you need to understand that Wii..." is damage control.

I'm not saying what you posted isn't a fact.  I'm saying the comparisons being made are faulty.  Leaving out important information in a direct comparison is misleading.  I'm not sure why anyone would pretend that it isn't.  Directly comparing the sales of a product that is fully stocked, to one that was heavily supply constrained is deceiving. 

It's like someone championing that the WiiU outsold the 'fastest selling' PS4 by 4,225,172m units!  Wow those are amazing sales and it's factually true.  Who cares that the PS4 had not released yet, right?  That's not important information to include in such a sales comparison.....  Or when Nintendo fans compared the WW launch sales of the Wii against the Japan only launch sales of the PS2 - making the Wii launch sales look particularly good.   These comparisons are based on facts - but that doesn't mean they aren't faulty.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't post about the PS4 being the fastest selling console of all time.  I'm saying that you should have an asterisk attached to it.

Btw, I'm not sure where you are getting 'anecdotal assumption' from.  The demand the Wii faced in it's first two years is far from anecdotal - there are more than enough sources documenting it.  Also, I never once made the assumption that the Wii would be the fastest selling console if it wasn't supply constrained.  The 'assumption' being referrenced above (in a partial quote tree) is the assumption that the Wii had strong demand not being met, which as I already pointed out, is not really much of an assumption.   Take it however you want.

Jt0956 said:

It will most likely be above that within the next 3 years....

marley said:
ethomaz said:

marley said:

It's really not much of an assumption.  Their sales are quite close and people were still lining up at stores and camping out for Wiis during it's first two years.  Demand was not even close to being met until some 25m consoles later.   There is nothing wrong with championing PS4's sales numbers.  They are fantastic.  However, the comparison being made is quite flawed.  Leaving out a very important fact in this sales comparison (and in your case pretending it doesn't even exist at all), simply to reinforce held views on the subject is disingenuous at best.  But whatever floats your boat.

You are posting anedocal assumptions...

I'm posting facts reported in financial documents...

Yeap... I believe any supposed theory about "you need to understand that Wii..." is damage control.

I'm not saying what you posted isn't a fact.  I'm saying the comparisons being made are faulty.  Leaving out important information in a direct comparison is misleading.  I'm not sure why anyone would pretend that it isn't.  Directly comparing the sales of a product that is fully stocked, to one that was heavily supply constrained is deceiving. 

It's like someone championing that the WiiU outsold the 'fastest selling' PS4 by 4,225,172m units!  Wow those are amazing sales and it's factually true.  Who cares that the PS4 had not released yet, right?  That's not important information to include in such a sales comparison.....  Or when Nintendo fans compared the WW launch sales of the Wii against the Japan only launch sales of the PS2 - making the Wii launch sales look particularly good.   These comparisons are based on facts - but that doesn't mean they aren't faulty.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't post about the PS4 being the fastest selling console of all time.  I'm saying that you should have an asterisk attached to it.

Btw, I'm not sure where you are getting 'anecdotal assumption' from.  The demand the Wii faced in it's first two years is far from anecdotal - there are more than enough sources documenting it.  Also, I never once made the assumption that the Wii would be the fastest selling console if it wasn't supply constrained.  The 'assumption' being referrenced above (in a partial quote tree) is the assumption that the Wii had strong demand not being met, which as I already pointed out, is not really much of an assumption.   Take it however you want.

I know I said I wasnt going to resomd to you again but this was too good. It just shows what your agenda was from the start. Damage control and diminish the succes of the PS4.

And it will be the lowest selling PS home console.

And you know it!!!

CGI-Quality said:
Erwin-VGC said:
And it will be the lowest selling PS home console.

And you know it!!!

Less than the PS3? Based on what, exactly?

PS3 had no smartphone and tablet gaming in the beginning and that is getting huge, and the upcoming SteamOS and machines/boxes. And the PS3 was on par with high-end PC's at launch, PS4 not.