By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Yet The Fastest Selling Console Of The History

I look forward to it falling behind by the end of next year. (;

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

It will start to be reasonable when anybody here showed any fact that Wii sold more than PS4 at the same timeframe.

I'm showed the numbers and some says if you cherry pick the number Wii is ahead using VGC number lol.

You could have just made a topic called "PS4 shipped more than Wii and PS2 in the same timeframe" or something. Because that, certainly, is a fact that can't be refuted.  "Fastest selling" is a different topic altogether, not only because it's relative to the timeframe you're referring to.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

But apperently it isn't just the fastest selling console in history, it's the fastest selling one of THE history!

Sentient_Nebula said:
Ugh... I don't know. I just felt that this thread seemed a bit fanboyish.

You must be new here, welcome to the internet =P

Deeds said:

Necrobumping threads like these are going to more hilarious than Three's Company. :D

Why? Almost everyone expects the Wii to up end up ahead eventually, at least in the medium term. The PS4's primary potential advantage over the Wii will be legs, since the Wii's sales peaked pretty quickly (2nd full year). Many of us are just surprised the PS4 has managed to stay ahead for so long :p

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Imagine if Japan was selling consoles like in 2007.

Next year my friend, next year.

MGSV, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Yakuza Zero, Disgaea 5, EDF 4.1, Neptunia V II, RE: R2, Ys, Bloodborne, FFT-0 HD, FFF ADF, Hotshots Golf, DOA5, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, GE2 RB, One Piece PW3 and whatever I missed or unnanounced.

Then theirs the chance of Tekken 7, FFXV and Touhou etc.

The problem is many are available elsewhere (PS3/Vita) so who knows how well they will do. Recently The Evil Within was split 50/50 PS3/4.

All we can do is hope for the best I guess

Ka-pi96 said:
Zekkyou said:
Deeds said:

Necrobumping threads like these are going to more hilarious than Three's Company. :D

Why? Almost everyone expects the Wii to up end up ahead eventually, at least in the medium term. The PS4's primary potential advantage over the Wii will be legs, since the Wii's sales peaked pretty quickly (2nd full year). Many of us are just surprised the PS4 has managed to stay ahead for so long :p

Isn't that the guy that thinks PS4 and Xbox One sales are going to 'fall off a cliff' next year. So yeah, he hates PS4, that's why.

I look forward to him necrobumping it when PS4 sales don't fall off a cliff

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

It's a good performance, but it's only now a matter of time until it falls a long long way behind.

As I recall it was really the second and third years which punched in the numbers for the Wii, and I have zero reason to believe the PS4 can do that we'll in the holidays.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
Conegamer said:
It's a good performance, but it's only now a matter of time until it falls a long long way behind.

As I recall it was really the second and third years which punched in the numbers for the Wii, and I have zero reason to believe the PS4 can do that we'll in the holidays.

Yeah it will almost certainly fall behind now, but get to years 5 and 6 and it could well pull in front again.

That it might, depends how far it falls behind really but I'm expecting around PS1 numbers overall.

The key here is the wording, ofcourse. Because that gap closing with all the supply problems would make me suggest that whilst it has outshipped, it has not outsold. 

Not to take anything away from the system ofcourse. It's doing brilliantly. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

daredevil.shark said:

Congratulations Sony !!!

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.