By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Yet The Fastest Selling Console Of The History

Amazing. I never expected this, nearly a year into the gen.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Imagine if Japan was selling consoles like in 2007.

CGI-Quality said:
Blob said:
CGI-Quality said:

Aren't you also cherry picking data here?

Hes saying that while the wii was sold out at this point, you can still find plentiful numbers of PS4s on the shelves. In reality both have sold rediculously well but we don't actually know which one had officially sold the most products at any given point. Most shipped doesnt = fastest selling.

I know what he's saying, I just don't see how it refutes what's been shown already.

If the wii shipped less but only had 100,000 units on store shelves while PS4 shipped more but had 500,000 units on store shelves then wii is the fastest selling. But seeing as we have no way of knowing which one has actually sold more to consumers we have no idea which one was faster selling at this point.

CGI-Quality said:
Blob said:
CGI-Quality said:

I know what he's saying, I just don't see how it refutes what's been shown already.

If the wii shipped less but only had 100,000 units on store shelves while PS4 shipped more but had 500,000 units on store shelves then wii is the fastest selling. But seeing as we have no way of knowing which one has actually sold more to consumers we have no idea which one was faster selling at this point.

As I said, nothing refuted. What we do know, one of them has currently shipped more, leading to this topic. Take that for what it is.

Well the topic title says selling so I am taking it for what it is. We don't know, nor are we likely to ever know.

Ugh... I don't know. I just felt that this thread seemed a bit fanboyish.

Saw you changed the title just for me. I should point out that, while I like the Wii and it has many good games, I very much prefer the PS4, and I'm glad to see the PS4 doing so well. I actually haven't touched my Wii this year, and I've played my PS4 a lot.

I'll just log out now before things get worse. As if today wasn't bad enough already...

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer (sorry)

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Around the Network

what's with the title? Their are people who are having reasonable and respectable discussions. There is no need to stoop to such juvenile tactics.

Anyway, good job Sony

This is indeed impressive. I think it will eventually fall behind the Wii sometime next year but who knows? Maybe Sony can tap into the casual market with a price drop and some quality family games and keep at a higher pace. I'm just not sure if the casual market is still there for console sales.

Sentient_Nebula said:
Ugh... I don't know. I just felt that this thread seemed a bit fanboyish.

Saw you changed the title just for me. I should point out that, while I like the Wii and it has many good games, I very much prefer the PS4, and I'm glad to see the PS4 doing so well. I actually haven't touched my Wii this year, and I've played my PS4 a lot.

I'll just log out now before things get worse. As if today wasn't bad enough already...

Don't take too serious... it is just fun.

And Sonic is the fastest hedgehog... of the History.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

It will start to be reasonable when anybody here showed any fact that Wii sold more than PS4 at the same timeframe.

I'm showed the numbers and some says if you cherry pick the number Wii is ahead using VGC number lol.