By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Yet The Fastest Selling Console Of The History

Sentient_Nebula said:
Looking at this chart, the PS4 did indeed fall behind the Wii at 9 months after launch. Fell behind even more at 10 months. The bump at 11 months was thanks to Destiny.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251948/ps4-vs-wiivgchartz-gap-chartsseptember-2014-updateps4-closing-the-gap/

Noooooooooope.

VGC data is wrong.

I showd the shipment number... at end of June PS4 have a 930k lead over Wii... it is impossible to it be ahead lol... and at end of September the gap decreased to 330k.

Around the Network

Most shipped in the timeframe, you mean. Wii was almost completely sold out at this point, while I guarantee you that I can find at least 50 PS4's at any given time in any MediaMarkt/Saturn/etc. in my vicinity.

Good on them, though. Let's see (and hope) that this keeps up.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

Sentient_Nebula said:
Looking at this chart, the PS4 did indeed fall behind the Wii at 9 months after launch. Fell behind even more at 10 months. The bump at 11 months was thanks to Destiny.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251948/ps4-vs-wiivgchartz-gap-chartsseptember-2014-updateps4-closing-the-gap/

Oh noez. PS4 is selling well because of a game! How could it..

bubblegamer said:
And people though PS4 would fall behind a month after launch!

Time to eat crow for the haters. And consoles will expand more when $299 PS4 / Xbox One hits with Unhcarted 4 / halo 5. I love the playstation domination.

Around the Network

CGI-Quality said:

Even if that data is accurate, it doesn't change what I said.

It is impossible to be accurate.

End of June: 930k gap
End of September: 330k gap

To Wii be ahead in any time it needed to sell a lot in July/August and close to nothing in September to catch the 930k gap and after loose by a 330k gap.

It is close to 0% chance this happened.

domflo said:
Most shipped in the timeframe, you mean. Wii was almost completely sold out at this point, while I guarantee you that I can find at least 50 PS4's at any given time in any MediaMarkt/Saturn/etc. in my vicinity.

Good on them, though. Let's see (and hope) that this keeps up.

VGC data in the link have the PS4 heavly undertracked... like over 700k.

BTW

How VGC have Wii at 13,479,686 when Nintendo shipped 13.17m

lol lol lol

Massive. It needs 6.5 million shipped this quarter to reach 20 million shipped. Very doable. I think it will.

bananaking21 said:
Massive. It needs 6.5 million shipped this quarter to reach 20 million shipped. Very doable. I think it will.

Sony expect to ship 9.4m in Q3 + Q4 for PS4 + PS3.

You can make your maths