By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Yet The Fastest Selling Console Of The History

ethomaz said:
Guys to end this discussion with facts.

PS4 was always ahead Wii.

VGC had PS4 2m UNDER shipment and Wii 300k OVER the shipment.

You guys are cherry picking WRONG DATA.

wow that is some awesome insight in to the tracking fails some people shoudl keep in mind.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
When will it run out of steam!

This train won't run out of steam for quite a while. It's just starting.

CGI-Quality said:
Sentient_Nebula said:
I guess the PS4 did outsell the Wii if your cherry-pick the time frame.

The Wii was pretty far ahead of the PS4 before Destiny came along.

Well, aren't games supposed to sell systems?

3rd party games sell systems and the best place where to play them is PS4

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

kowenicki said:
Conegamer said:
It's a good performance, but it's only now a matter of time until it falls a long long way behind.

As I recall it was really the second and third years which punched in the numbers for the Wii, and I have zero reason to believe the PS4 can do that we'll in the holidays.

It had shipped 50m by the end of March 2010.  Thats the equivalent of the PS4 being at 50m shipped by March 2016.  Not happening. 

By March 2009 Wii was at 24.4m.  Thats the equivalebt of the PS4 being at 24.4m by March 2015, also not happening, probably.

Why not, some one has to sale consoles world wide and sure as hell looks like its not going to be the x1 or wiiu.

Who if not PS4 will satisfy the growing world wide console market.

It very well could given its competitions irrelevence in most places world wide.

Zekkyou said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Here is the actual post with his 'prediction'.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6791442

So not only are the PS4 and X1 going to break the trend of having a better 2nd year than 1st, but he believes they're both going to drop to 30k a week? The same sales of a console that's been out almost a decade?

Yeah I replied to him in that thread as did others but of course he had nothing to say about that off the wall prediction. But then had the nerve tos ay that this thread was cringe wrothy...no that "prediction" was cringe worthy lol. No data or logic to back it up....it just seemed like pure hatred just to hate or something because it made NO SENSE.

OT:

Well it had teh biggest launch in history so tha tmade it the fastest from the start right ? LOL Congrats to the PS4 well deserved!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Conegamer said:
It's a good performance, but it's only now a matter of time until it falls a long long way behind.

As I recall it was really the second and third years which punched in the numbers for the Wii, and I have zero reason to believe the PS4 can do that we'll in the holidays.

It had shipped 50m by the end of March 2010.  Thats the equivalent of the PS4 being at 50m shipped by March 2016.  Not happening. 

By March 2009 Wii was at 24.4m.  Thats the equivalebt of the PS4 being at 24.4m by March 2015, also not happening, probably.

I would like to see salt with that crow and proven wrong by the pure greatness that is the PS4!

Wii sold 19,508,070 by the end of 2007.  More than 4 Million were sold in December of 2007

in 2008 the Wii added another 24 million sold making it 43,595,125 sold.  Not a single month sold less than 1 million consoles in 2008 and it sold 5.5m in december of 2008

So while PS4 is doing good and it is certainly on a level that matches Wii in certain ways, the Wii was practically sold out for two years because Nintendo had no idea it would be as popular as it was.  With that said the PS4 has a lot to live up to.  You have to congratulate Sony for what they have been able to achieve but it has to keep up its pace as well.

Either way i expect PS4 will outsell Wii lifetime

Awesome! Congrats to Sony.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

kowenicki said:
Conegamer said:

PS4 has a very good chance of shipping 18-19M by year's end. Maybe even 20M, optimistically. Nearly half that 50M after 1 full year and some change on the market? But 50M shipped by March 2016 is flat out not happening? Even though sales naturally pick up in a console's second year on the market? Not to mention, it's not a valid comparison. Wii was on the market for 3 1/3 years by March 2010. PS4 in March 2016 will only be 2 1/3 years on the market.

As far as 24.4M, again not a valid comparison. March 2009 for Wii would be 2 1/3 years on the market (Nov 2006 - March 2009). March 2015 for PS4 would be 1 1/3 year on the market (Nov 2013 - March 2015). How are those equivalents? If PS4 beats what it did this year (nearly 3M sold (not shipped) 4 months after the launch window) and it does optimistically well (as in, that 20M mentioned above), it will equal what Wii did a whole year ahead of when Wii reached that benchmark, in the same time frame.

Or am I completely misreading your statement? Or maybe you have the dates wrong for Wii?

kowenicki said:
RacerXGT said:
kowenicki said:
Conegamer said:

Why not, some one has to sale consoles world wide and sure as hell looks like its not going to be the x1 or wiiu.

Who if not PS4 will satisfy the growing world wide console market.

It very well could given its competitions irrelevence in most places world wide.

another 37m shipped in the next 18 months?  no chance whatsoever.

no chance whatsoever 100% sure a console ever sells 100m or ever breaks 150