By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's Official-ish, PS4 Has the Best Games Lineup for New Gen Home Consoles this Holidays

Bail said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

There is nothing on PS4 I cannot play on my Xbone, PS3, or PC.
And I am not opposed to actually buying a console for a killer game even if its available on PC or previous gen. I bought an Xbone for Titanfall. I would love to have an excuse to jump into Playstation next gen but Sony hasn't done shit to convert me, regardless of how great VelocityX2 or Last of Us HD scored with critics.

This gap between Xbone/WiiU and PS4 libraries will only get exponentially greater this holiday season for me personally. And with The Order looking more like The Boreder, I'm hoping Sony has some nice tricks up their sleeves.

This confuses me, since Titanfall is available (and arguably better) on PC.

I'm confused to. You bold one sentence, then another, and don't bold the one in between that would help you out.

PS4 doesn't have that "killer game" for me yet. Or I would buy one, even if that game existed on PC. I prefer consoles. My PC is basically a Civilization/indie game machine.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Bail said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

There is nothing on PS4 I cannot play on my Xbone, PS3, or PC.
And I am not opposed to actually buying a console for a killer game even if its available on PC or previous gen. I bought an Xbone for Titanfall. I would love to have an excuse to jump into Playstation next gen but Sony hasn't done shit to convert me, regardless of how great VelocityX2 or Last of Us HD scored with critics.

This gap between Xbone/WiiU and PS4 libraries will only get exponentially greater this holiday season for me personally. And with The Order looking more like The Boreder, I'm hoping Sony has some nice tricks up their sleeves.

This confuses me, since Titanfall is available (and arguably better) on PC.

I'm confused to. You bold one sentence, then another, and don't bold the one in between that would help you out.

PS4 doesn't have that "killer game" for me yet. Or I would buy one, even if that game existed on PC. I prefer consoles. My PC is basically a Civilization/indie game machine.

Well, you can hook up your X1 controller to your PC. So..... playing Titanfall on PC which is the better version with your X1 controller hooked up vs. playing Titanfall on your X1. The former is obviously the better choice.

I'm struggling to understand the criteria, or what the asterisk on WiiU's best new IP real purpose is for.

LudicrousSpeed said:
If I were someone who did not already own a next gen console I would rank the libraries as follows:

1. Xbone
2. PS4
3. Wii U

Nintendo puts out some amazing exclusives but just cannot compete with the combination of MicroSony exclusive PLUS the third party stuff.

Since I own two of the three next gen consoles though, the libraries look like this to me:

1. Xbone
2. Wii U
3. PS4

There is nothing on PS4 I cannot play on my Xbone, PS3, or PC. And I am not opposed to actually buying a console for a killer game even if its available on PC or previous gen. I bought an Xbone for Titanfall. I would love to have an excuse to jump into Playstation next gen but Sony hasn't done shit to convert me, regardless of how great VelocityX2 or Last of Us HD scored with critics.

I respect everythiung you had to say and see nothing wrong with it except for one thing(the bolded/underlined etc statement). That is 100% false.....everything else no issues with at all.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

I'm struggling to understand the criteria, or what the asterisk on WiiU's best new IP real purpose is for.

From the OP.

*Any game that has main characters such as Mario, Link, Rayman, etc in is isn't really a new IP IMO. More like an IP extension.

What I meant is why did he need the feel to emphasize that part.

Around the Network

I don't truly believe the PS4 has the best games of the holiday season this year, but the chances are great they will next year and it will continuously surpass Microsoft if you understand Sony's level of development and schedule. Microsoft has had a lot of great deals that brought a lot of games to them exclusively and with PC as well.

TheBlackNaruto said:

I respect everythiung you had to say and see nothing wrong with it except for one thing(the bolded/underlined etc statement). That is 100% false.....everything else no issues with at all.

Well I should have said nothing that appeals to me is only available on PS4. I know you can only play Knack on the PS4, but I don't want to purchase a $400 to play Knack and Infamous 3 or something. Even if its a game also available on PS3, it needs to be a huge game for me. Like, if there were a cross gen Motorstorm, I'd own a PS4 for it.

LudicrousSpeed said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Well I should have said nothing that appeals to me is only available on PS4. I know you can only play Knack on the PS4, but I don't want to purchase a $400 to play Knack and Infamous 3 or something. Even if its a game also available on PS3, it needs to be a huge game for me. Like, if there were a cross gen Motorstorm, I'd own a PS4 for it.

Oh don't worry I am in the same boat as you. I won't be getting a PS4 or an XB1 until sometime next year. For me neither library justifies a purchase at the moment. So trust me I understand where you are coming from.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Honestly, I thought this was a joke, but apparently people are taking this seriously.

The problem? The Criteria. which basically boils down to *must-have-games* Obviously these are objective, but some obvious ones that should not be on this list are remakes, indies and multiplats (TLOU, minecraft, rayman shovel night etc.) and once you do that, the PS4 library gets very small and uninteresting, the xbox one library becomes "ok" but the wiiU library still looks really good. And that is why I personally feel that the wiiU has the best library of games coming into the holiday season.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Halo:MCC, that's all we need this holiday to crush everything :).