By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's Official-ish, PS4 Has the Best Games Lineup for New Gen Home Consoles this Holidays

binary solo said:

So there you have it. As objective as it gets in this industry. Anyone claiming Xb one or Wii U has the best library of games is being a download only snob. Anyone claiming PS4 doesn't have a decent game library to justify a purchase is full of shit. If you want to argue, take it up with Metacritic.

You seem to have missed, hold on let me check, about four hundred games for the WiiU!

I mean, it seems only fair to include the WiiU's ENTIRE library. ;-D

Around the Network

I think the downplaying of Multiplats is because they are multiplat not this gen ONLY.

You can get pretty much 90% of the games on the One/PS4 lists on your current 360/PS3, which i have a feeling 99% of the people on this forum have/had at least one of them.

So why should we praise the PS4/One for Destiny or Minecraft when I can play it on my system I payed for 5+ years ago?

Thus the same reason I'm baffled at One/PS4's sales, especially PS4's. What the hell are you guys buying this system for. You guys rant on PC people for spending X amount of money for prettier graphics or fps or whatever, yet are you not doing the very same thing with PS4/One?

Ka-pi96 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

games library and are one of the best system sellers there is.

PC gamers tend to eye the exclusives of consoles because multiplats( on the western) end generally hit the PC anyway. Exclusives that impress them are what they are usually what they are eyeing pertaining to consoles. Generally either what they cannot what they cannot attain or what the console makers make themselves.

So... for all the people that aren't primarily PC gamers (which is a lot of people) multiplats are still incredibly important...

Yeah dude, no argument there. Console gamers are where the majority of the money for the major games come from. We appreciate these games that are tailor made for us. PC gamers get the superior versions of our games but its mostly us that are funding them.

Hynad said:

Nintendo fans: "The best line-up is on the Wii U!!!"

XBox fans: "The best line-up is on the XBox One!!!"

Sony fans: "The best line-up is on the Playstation 4!!!"

Everybody wins!!!

This!

Party!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Is this a joke thread? I thought at first it was, but now I'm not so sure.

If it is a joke thread, disregard the following question:

Is it your contention that Metacritic scores are objective indicators of quality? In other words, a game with a Metacritic score of 90 is, by definition, better than a game with a Metacritic score of 89? And that a game with a score of 70, however popular and beloved, is a poor game? Are you saying, in the end, that our own personal evaluations of individual games are immaterial, and, by extension, all the debates on this forum are pointless?

Or are you just messing with us?

P.S. Velocity 2X isn't a new IP.

Perhaps you're better off asking Microsoft that. They were fond of quoting Metacritic last gen, so I'm sure they'll have the same view now ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Maraccuda said:
I agree with many people. In my opinion ports, multiplats and indies dont count.

And as of right now id rank the console libraries as:
1-Wii U
2-Xbone
3-PS4

You missed FTP.

The PS5 Exists. 

Hynad said:

Nintendo fans: "The best line-up is on the Wii U!!!"

XBox fans: "The best line-up is on the XBox One!!!"

Sony fans: "The best line-up is on the Playstation 4!!!"

Everybody wins!!!

No! everyone loose........their money  from buying too much game  XD Lol.