By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Vs. XB1: Do you still think WiiU will win, if so why?

WiiU V.s XB1

WiiU will win 421 49.36%

XB1 will win 432 50.64%

Total:853
Michael-5 said:

$349 XB1 shows desperation. It tells us that they have no major exclusive releasing for the next 12 months and need this boost now to prevent a crash in sales.

XB1 will likely outsell WiiU eventually, just not for a couple years. I'm surprised the Mario Kart 8 WiiU bundle isn't pushing that many sales.

You think the One will only sell 3-4 million next year and 2016? Or that the Wii U will sell 9-11 million or more next year and 2016? Both are equally unrealistic, either the One needs to go down about 50% yoy or the Wii U needs to increase 100-140% or so.

Around the Network

It's still not impossible for the Wii U to stay in front of the Xbox ONE, but I agree chances are rather slim

Seece said:
Michael-5 said:

$349 XB1 shows desperation. It tells us that they have no major exclusive releasing for the next 12 months and need this boost now to prevent a crash in sales.

XB1 will likely outsell WiiU eventually, just not for a couple years. I'm surprised the Mario Kart 8 WiiU bundle isn't pushing that many sales.

What? You already know that isn't true.

XB1 has already outshipped WiiU, you're aware of that yes?

shipments =/= sales, Japan is a great example, didn't XB1 sell much much less then expected? What major exclusives does XB1 have between Halo MCC and Halo 5?

Mummelmann said:

You think the One will only sell 3-4 million next year and 2016? Or that the Wii U will sell 9-11 million or more next year and 2016? Both are equally unrealistic, either the One needs to go down about 50% yoy or the Wii U needs to increase 100-140% or so.

You think XB1 will sell 9-11 million units in any year? Realistically both will only sell ~4-6 million annually.

WiiU has sold 80% as well as XB1 in 2014, and Nintendo typically favors well with November/December sales.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Microsofts strategy is simple, try to take momentum from PS4 early on, if that doesn't work I expect little support for the console from Microsoft in a years time.

They are pumping the big games out but it doesn't seem like it will take any traction from PS4

As for how it will do vs wii u it depends how far nintendo will go to support it.

Michael-5 said:
Seece said:
Michael-5 said:

shipments =/= sales, Japan is a great example, didn't XB1 sell much much less then expected? What major exclusives does XB1 have between Halo MCC and Halo 5?

Mummelmann said:

You think XB1 will sell 9-11 million units in any year? Realistically both will only sell ~4-6 million annually.

WiiU has sold 80% as well as XB1 in 2014, and Nintendo typically favors well with November/December sales.

I think the One will sell about 9 million in 2015, or 8.5 or even 10, it depends on quite a few factors. How is it realistic for it to sell 4-6 million? It's currently on track for at least 6.5 million this year with 7 million being just as likely, so you honestly think it'll be down yoy in 2015? You realize that you're suggesting perhaps 25-30 million lifetime for the One (not to mention the first time in history that a console will be heavily down yoy in its second CY) if it will struggle to beat the Wii U for a couple of years, and that's just madness, there is nothing to suggest that at all, heck; the 360 sold about 6.8 million in its first CY without any competition from contemporary, record-breaking consoles so seeing as how the One is tracking similar to that in its first CY and the Wii U is getting beat routinely by the Gamecube launches aligned, how can you possible claim any of this with any kind of sense or logic?

I just don't understand how you're coming up with these scenarios at all.

PS: I think you'll find that 2 million is not 80% of 3.1 million, with current standing numbers. With the very likely overtrack/undertrack situation based on recent shipment figures (Nintendo shipped 300k Wii U's in Q3 2013, no reason to think this has tripled or even more and even at double that would make only 600k, which does not correspond with what we know from official sources), it could be even a difference of approx. 1.8 million vs 3.3 or so, making the scenario even worse. Once more; I wonder where you get all this from.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
I voted in the poll. Then I saw the results. why am I not surprised -_- ?

Yea when i looked at the results i was shocked....then i remembered im on vgchartz forums lol

Considering how the market is going and all the games thay sre being released i dont see the wii u beating out the xbone.

Michael-5 said:
Seece said:
Michael-5 said:

Microsoft shipment for Japan was 40k, already sold more than 33k... You hit the jackpot.

Quantum Break, fable.. It's not like ps4 got any major thing either.

WiiU has a chance but I do think that Xbox One will have 2nd place.

Soundwave said:

Nintendo's really not good at making in-generation adjustments, but even if they could, they made so many mistakes with the basic design of the Wii U that they're fairly crippled with it now. The "Wii" brand in general is dead, Nintendo shouldn't have made the console as is to begin with. 

Sometimes they make great adjustments. No doubt the WiiU has some clunky design, but they prolly could give it an apple-like facelift and do some adjustments here and there. Ofcource, they have little history doing adjustments on the home console front. So it prolly wont happen.

CGI-Quality said:
TiagoCosta said:
Michael-5 said:

-snip

Microsoft shipment for Japan was 40k, already sold more than 33k... You hit the jackpot.

Quantum Break, fable.. It's not like ps4 got any major thing either.

In the next 12 months, the PS4 has Bloodborne, The Order: 1886, and Uncharted 4. Not that that has ANYTHING to do with this discussion, but it needed addressing.

OT: I think the WiiU's lead will cease by no later than Spring 2015. I feel for the little machine that could, because it has some very obvious quality software, but the early decisions have put it in a strict position, one that won't be corrected enough to correct the trajectory.

The user was saying between halo and halo, uncharted will come out around the same time. Blood and order aren't major things imo (QB and fable aren't either).