By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the impact Smash will have on Wii U sales being massively overhyped?

How much will Smash help Wii U sales?

Barely noticeable boost 53 13.59%

Big boost, but only temporary 259 66.41%

It will single-handedly save the Wii U 78 20.00%

Total:390

Smash Bros, Captain Toad and Amiibo will carry the Wii U to a nice holiday launch, however after that its anyones guesss.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network

Mario Kart definitely done it's part. Has doubled sales from where it was before MK8 release even to this day. Hopefully Smash (with the help of having Bayo and Bayo 2 available as well) will give another 20,000 permanent weekly boost.

super_etecoon said:
TruckOSaurus said:
There's no "saving" the Wii U. Outselling the Gamecube would be a great achievement at this point. Smash will help the Wii U but it won't magically change the console's faith.

Which god does it have to believe in to be saved?

Hey! You're not allowed to poke fun at a mod's bad grammar!

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

TruckOSaurus said:
super_etecoon said:
TruckOSaurus said:
There's no "saving" the Wii U. Outselling the Gamecube would be a great achievement at this point. Smash will help the Wii U but it won't magically change the console's faith.

Damn! I don't usually make mistakes like these. I feel dirty now.

Sorry...couldn't resist such a delicious setup!

Bayonetta 2 isn't on that list, it is invalid.

We all know that B2 will be the title that suddenly breaks out the WiiU and turns it into a 500k per week seller.

Around the Network

Wii U will never be a stellar seller, but it will have a superb game library. On topic, Smash will sell very well for the install base and there will be a decent black friday and holiday boost. To sustain a decent baseline, its up to Nintendo to keep a steady flow of games for 2015 with no delays.

ohmylanta1003 said:
super_etecoon said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Hey! You're not allowed to poke fun at a mod's bad grammar!

Oh...I don't know.  Am I the only one bothered when a cop doesn't use his blinker?  The powers that be must live by example, right?

It will do the same for the WiiU as Melee did for the Gamecube long-term--not much. I expect it to sell really well because of people who have the system already.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Well... it will certainly give it a nice boost along with mk8 but anyone still expecting it to sell over 22 mill should give up

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I haven't seen any people say that Smash WiiU will save the WiiU....... recently at least!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---