By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is the Dark(est) Age of gaming

Nah I'd say it's ok.

The worst generation was probably the n64/ps1 era.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

I agree, but not for your reasons(my issue is every game having a season pass). I've bought a total of 2 games that were released this year Dark Souls 2 at launch and South Park last week for $20. I will likely buy Smash Bros and possibly Mario Kart 8 and Sunset Overdrive(depending on reception).

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Yay Lets bring more negativity into the internet gaming ccommunity. Facepalm. Ive been having a blast so far. 2015 will be even better.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Smeags said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Wow, nice one Smeags

Dark times indeed.

Thank goodness for the SP and its backlit screen

Thank goodness for SP with the backlit screen, the frontlit one is still rather terrible. The original, though, is a health hazard. Still the most ergonomic handheld ever made, though, with the best grip.

POE said:
Play more Nintendo.

Word. Sounds like someone needs a WiiU.

Ka-pi96 said:
Qwark said:

Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah... maybe that's your problem then. Just try, ya know, playing games rather than youtubing them and you might enjoy them more.

Another worthless trend YouTube could never capture the scenery of let's say the last of us nor would it give you adrenalin or endorphin rushes.

Watching a game in YouTube is like watching a very slow movie which obviously can't be fun.

All very true. But reading what m0ney said would suggest one of the ones he watched on youtube was GTA. No way can youtube do justice to the fun of actually playing GTA.

Well I'll assume that he played Bioshock on PC and watched GTA and TLOU
, you know, since neither GTA nor TLOU has realeased on PC....

Around the Network
POE said:
Play more Nintendo.

If OP last enjoyed non-Nintendo games, why would recommending something he doesn't like or isn't interested in beneficial?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This is certainly the SLOWEST generation, but that doesn't mean the worst. AAA games these days take five to seven years to develop, easily ten times what that was three or four generations ago, but that doesn't mean it's worse.

On the other hand, this is the first generation indy devs really have a chance with micro titles. I can't bring myself to call that a bad thing.

Ok your opinion. Personally horizon 2 is my fave racing game in years. Titanfall the best multiplayer fps experience I've had in years and I preferred tomb raider over all uncharteds because it had much better. Gameplay and actual exploration.

If this is the Dark Ages then don't show me the light any time soon!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I've been playing more games with more variety than I ever had before. With a PC, PS4, and a Vita, I have lots of options. This doesn't include games on Nintendo and Microsoft platforms!!!

With digital distribution, we have access to so many unique indie games that we would not have just several years ago. Just because AAA games are redundant at times does not mean gaming is in some dark age.