By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is the Dark(est) Age of gaming

pokoko said:
Hardly, 2015 looks awesome.

Even if it weren't, it would be hard to top the blandness of the SNES period where it seemed like every new game was either a platformer or a beat 'em up.

Or an RPG, or a tournament fighter, or a Schmup, or wait...

They pretty much made every genre of games aside from the types that weren't actually possible or as entertaining at the time. Huh weird.

Around the Network

I'm loving my Wii U/3DS, but as someone who is just waiting to be convinced by the PS4, i understand you.

It feels like the thing is just happy with being able to put out 1080p for games i can already play in my PC. After trying The Order at BGS, my hopes went down. For now i am waiting for 2015 holyday.

Loving it myself,guess you have to be a fanboy to enjoy it

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Maybe this gen will be the worst but until it's done I'd say 1St gen was the worst. Magnavox Odyssey, Coleco Telstar, Nintendo Color TV Game, and not a single handheld. Those were rough years, as board gamers pioneered into dangerous unknown lands.

Teeqoz said:
Wait what? It started in 2013? The year when we got games such as TLOU, GTAV and Bioshock Infinite? 2013 was an amazing year.

You would have to pay me a lot of m0ney to play those games. I consider them *beep*

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Why is everyone hating this gen there are many New IP's 2015 looks like the peak year of the industry. All everyone does is complaining and complaints even more about how scrappy everything is. I even read titles like is destiny the most overhyped crappy game ever, when it clearly isn't sure not every game lives up to the hype but to call it the worst game ever goes a bit far. When did appreciation for games turned into cynicism, why is everyone so obsessed with the few flaws of a game instead of focussing on what the game does great and delivers fun?

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Play more Nintendo.

m0ney said:
Teeqoz said:
Wait what? It started in 2013? The year when we got games such as TLOU, GTAV and Bioshock Infinite? 2013 was an amazing year.

You would have to pay me a lot of m0ney to play those games. I consider them *beep*

Has it ever occurred that maybe you're the problem and not the industry, since those are still great games.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

m0ney said:
Teeqoz said:

How can you consider them shit if you haven't played them?

Oh, and also, in 2013, we saw a return of Sly Cooper, we got an actual Ratchet and Clank game, we got SM3DW etc.

just because you consider it a bad year doesn't make it true.

m0ney said:

The last amazing game for me was Batman Arkham Asylum (2009). Fallout New Vegas (2010) and Enslaved (2010) were great too. Sleeping Dogs (2012) was the last new big game I enjoyed. It is official - the Dark Age started in 2013 and will continue for at least 7 years, even Vanga predicted this. You can call it the Age of Rehashed Games if you want, I allow it.

Started way before then - more like mid 2008. Bugger all innovation has really occured over most of the last gen, and the power limits of the consoles held back progression for close to a decade. The only game that will blow everything out of the water will be Star CItizen for the PC as that is cutting edge and being made for fun rather than profit.