By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is the Dark(est) Age of gaming

Ka-pi96 said:

Wait... are you saying you think they are rubbish but haven't actually played them yet?

I tried to play one of them on PC and the other two on Youtube.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Why is everyone hating this gen there are many New IP's 2015 looks like the peak year of the industry. All everyone does is complaining and complaints even more about how scrappy everything is. I even read titles like is destiny the most overhyped crappy game ever, when it clearly isn't sure not every game lives up to the hype but to call it the worst game ever goes a bit far. When did appreciation for games turned into cynicism, why is everyone so obsessed with the few flaws of a game instead of focussing on what the game does great and delivers fun?

I think it's more because we have the Internet is more popular now, and more people are able to voice their thoughts now, whether thought out or uneducated.

Yeah .. "So much New IP's".

All about shooting and killing. Nothing more.

Sorry to hear that. I'm having a blast!

People say Alien and Evil Withing are great. Also, AC4 was a pleasant surprise to me. I do think this is the last age of gaming, cause I think the great tribulation is like 3 or 4 years away at best.
You guys will call it World War 3...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
m0ney said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Wait... are you saying you think they are rubbish but haven't actually played them yet?

I tried to play one of them on PC and the other two on Youtube.

Yeah... maybe that's your problem then. Just try, ya know, playing games rather than youtubing them and you might enjoy them more.

Another worthless trend YouTube could never capture the scenery of let's say the last of us nor would it give you adrenalin or endorphin rushes.

Watching a game in YouTube is like watching a very slow movie which obviously can't be fun.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

That's why i went for Wii U. i was sick of killing people, i got my Ps3 for that. Sorry i'm a little stoned, wrong thread i think.

As for the ? above.  Not the last but maybe the last for some time. Shit might not happen for another 20 years or more but i think something's got to happen before then.

For me; I feel like the OP, the biggest difference is that I've had this feeling for many years already. The entire 7th gen was a massive letdown for me; I've never owned so few console games or been disappointed by as many titles.

Experimental42 said:
pokoko said:
Hardly, 2015 looks awesome.

Even if it weren't, it would be hard to top the blandness of the SNES period where it seemed like every new game was either a platformer or a beat 'em up.

Or an RPG, or a tournament fighter, or a Schmup, or wait...

They pretty much made every genre of games aside from the types that weren't actually possible or as entertaining at the time. Huh weird.

It was a period where every other game seemed to be a licensed derivative.  Beethoven the dog had a game.  Wayne's World had a game.  If it was on TV, it had a game, and most of them were just retreads of other games with pretty much the same mechanics.  I don't know about schmups, but neither RPGs or fighting games during that gen would be a patch on the volume we got with the next gen, which is probably true of most genres.  Game variety went up substantially.

From a personal perspective, the SNES was my least active as a gamer, as just about everything felt alike.  Side scrolling this, side scrolling that.  Games like A Link to the Past and Final Fantasy VI felt absolutely magical in comparison.

Smeags said:

Nah, the darkest age of gaming was with the GameBoy Advance.

Take that back.