By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Destiny the most over-hyped game of all time?

No its not, i played with a lot of my friends for almost 70hours. Even most of them stop playing FFXIV, this game is great in term of online multiplayer. We can do story and pvp together or even just looting gear. And yes im overhyped for about 10 hours and i didnt enjoy this game, but i just keep playing until i reach lvl 20 and everything is change. I hope destiny 2 or next expansion would giving us a great story, that would be perfect.

Around the Network
sepoer said:
No its not, i played with a lot of my friends for almost 70hours. Even most of them stop playing FFXIV, this game is great in term of online multiplayer. We can do story and pvp together or even just looting gear. And yes im overhyped for about 10 hours and i didnt enjoy this game, but i just keep playing until i reach lvl 20 and everything is change. I hope destiny 2 or next expansion would giving us a great story, that would be perfect.

Thats exactly the problem with gaming today. Youre practically begging to pay extra for parts of an already finished game. The introduction is already messed up and confusing, there is no way they can fix that story in future expansions.

I feel like I should answer my critics about the budget issues. Yes, apparently the game didn't have that kind of astronomical budget but do you honestly think it was cheap to make? I'm pretty sure it's in the ballpark of at least 200 million including advertsing costs which would put it on par with SWTOR.

Don't kid yourself, this is still one of the most expensive games in history. And what did it deliver?

Nope... That would have to be Smash Bros Brawl....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Skidonti said:
Scoobes said:
How quickly people seem to forget Duke Nukem Forever

Was it really... hyped? I thought all the buzz around it was ironic because people knew it could never be good.
But if people were honestly excited for that, then yes.

Anyway, Daikatana. Homefront. Fable. Spore.
I think Destiny falls somewhere in these ranks.

A lot of sequels are overhyped, but it was kind of interesting to have three really big overhyped new IPs in one year, though they weren't necessarily bad games at all. I guess the publishers thought these new IPs would have a really uncertain place in the market and so they had to have advertising make them look like the best thing since sliced bread to be confident that anyone at all would buy them.

Well I was hyped for it. The original was great and the sequel kept promising so much.

Around the Network

The game didn't costed 500M. Everyone already reported that this is the budget for the entire Destiny franchise this gen. Check your sources before posting.

reggin_bolas said:
I feel like I should answer my critics about the budget issues. Yes, apparently the game didn't have that kind of astronomical budget but do you honestly think it was cheap to make? I'm pretty sure it's in the ballpark of at least 200 million including advertsing costs which would put it on par with SWTOR.

Don't kid yourself, this is still one of the most expensive games in history. And what did it deliver?

As of the beginning of October it delivered a game that 3.2 million unique users were playing for an average of 3 hours a day.  I would say that's pretty damn good.