By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is 2014 the least impressive year in gaming history?

Well at least in recent memory. With the two most exciting new IPs this year turning out to be major disappointments, pretty much everything interesting getting delayed to 2015, and a generally meh output from both Sony and Microsoft in terms of exclusives, this year is kind of sucking for gaming.  

2013 had The Last of Us, GTAV, and Bioshock Infinite. 2012 had Mass Effect 3, Journey, and Dishonored. 2011 had Dark Souls, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Portal 2, and a fuckton of other amazing games. 

2014 has... 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Well, for us Nintendo fans, not really... 2014 has Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, Kirby, Pokemon, DKC and a few other things

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well, for us Nintendo fans, not really... 2014 has Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, Kirby, Pokemon, DKC and a few other things

Yea I also noticed how he mentioned 0 Nintendo games.

Might be bad for him but, I doubt it will for us.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Yes, this year as been the worst year I can remember.
I bought only two games: Dark Souls 2 and Tales Of Xillia 2, both are not good as the first chapters.

I think that this year has been the hipe year. Lot of hipe for nothing.

Not for me. This is subjective though of course.

2014 will get Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, & LittleBigPlanet 3.

Plus, for me, The Last Of Us was new this year with Remastered.

Also, I haven't played Destiny yet but my brother likes it, I might like it too.

Overall, this year has been the best year for gaming to me since 2009 (I played Mario 3DW & Pikmin 3 this year too)

Around the Network

I don't know...

there wasn't a game I'd give a 9 to yet.

But, I haven't played Alien, or Shadows of Morridor

Considering we got Forza Horizons 2 this year, I'm going to say no. This year is awesome. FH2 alone makes the year for me.

Looking forward to MCC and Sunset Overdrive as well.

for nintendo fans we got an excellent mario kart, dkc, kirby, smash, bayo 2, 2 awesome remakes, hyrule warriors, toad, sonic, and even though watch dogs is screwed for sales its still 3rd party blockbuster
decent for nintendo fans

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Not if you own a Wii U.

Nope, 2005 is easily the worst year in gaming over the past 10-15 years, with nothing compelling outside of RE4, and culminating in the underwhelming launch of the 360.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.