By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - evil within metacritic (76 on PS4)...i.e. if this game was made a decade ago...

mornelithe said:
Anfebious said:
Seems like a good game from what I saw. I hope it has high doses of cheesy dialogue. I can't have my Resident Evil game without Cheese.

What is this?

Is it blood?

I need to study this further!

"Phew... You where almost a Jill Sandwich!"

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

I'm ok with this. A few more of these and maybe people will stop seeing anything under an 80 as 4th rate trash.

4 ≈ One

still getting it

Train wreck said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Now I'm worried about Bloodborne.

Gameinformer:

Bloodborne score: 65

+ pretty graphics

- Game plays too much like Demon Souls

- game is too hard, etc

Makes sense.

Another game which got a bad reviews for the wrong reasons.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network

C'mon, this is Resident Evil 4 meets Silent Hill!It should havse super high reviews. At least IGN had a good score for it.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Finally a challenging game emerges not another generic mediocre games that literally plays itself.

By the way, I just have a little thing that I say in regards to death in horror games:

"Dying isn't scary, it is the fear of death that keeps you on the edge of your seat."

Games should try to bring you close to death and tease you with death, but if a game kills you too often, it stops being frightening and starts being tedious. This is amplified when you feel cheated by the way's the game kills you and reading the only review that I care about so far (Jim Sterling), it certainly sounds like it could get tedious fairly quickly.

Did not play it but the reviews sound fair? Some complain it being like a ten year old masterpiece but the problem is that it is not better than those ten year old games + some call it too hard but if it is challenging I am fine with it but if it is unfair hard I would score it also low.

Why not ignore Metacritic's metascore and pay more attention to the reviews that really hold weight? Polygon? You know they are in it for the clicks. IGN is dubious sometimes, but they at least give more effort to their reviews.

Ignore the metascores and choose the reviewing website you trust the most. That's it. It would be better if there was a site that allowed you to choose the reviews you care about and create an average out of them.