By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - evil within metacritic (76 on PS4)...i.e. if this game was made a decade ago...

It would be GOTY.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-evil-within/critic-reviews

Common complaints:

Game is too hard, game tries too hard to be like survivor horror of yesteryear...its almost too funny.

Around the Network

lol a horror game is "too hard?"

and this is yet another example of what i keep saying. reviewers want games to be what they want them to be and judge them based on that, they never judge the game based on what the game tries to be. "the game tries to be like an old school survivor horror" ohh, i dont want that, ill just deduct points then!

The awesome thing about all these popular games flopping on metacritic is that maybe it'll make people stop taking that site as gospel.

I'm buying it on my way home from work today because it is going to be a hard game that caters to the old school survival horror genre fan.

Yep. Like banana said, so many reviews focus on what games don't do, rather than what they actually do.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

The awesome thing about all these popular games flopping on metacritic is that maybe it'll make people stop taking that site as gospel.

Well the addage of people voting with their wallet seems to ring true with the games you mentioned and I didnt know that mid 70s is the new flopping.

bananaking21 said:
lol a horror game is "too hard?"

and this is yet another example of what i keep saying. reviewers want games to be what they want them to be and judge them based on that, they never judge the game based on what the game tries to be. "the game tries to be like an old school survivor horror" ohh, i dont want that, ill just deduct points then!

Yeah.. those arguments are just bullshit.. they want to be spoon-fed and just lay there, if they have to put something into it to get something "nah, this was TOO HARD... NEXT!" gamers/reviewers are getting lazier all the time. *grumpy*

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Train wreck said:
curl-6 said:

Well the addage of people voting with their wallet seems to ring true with the games you mentioned and I didnt know that mid 70s is the new flopping.

People act like anything less than 80 is a flop these days...

If oot was made today, it wouldnt havê 99 in metacritic.

curl-6 said:

Indeed.  Eventually gamer's will realize that metacritic and reviews w/ scores/grades are irrelevant.  Best person to tell me whether a game's quality or not, is me.