By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it logic to combine 3DS and N3DS sales ?

Logic to combine?

Yes 228 79.72%

No 36 12.59%

I don't realy konw 21 7.34%

Total:285
DRX said:
kupomogli said:

The New 3DS ZL and ZR.  Controls not available on the 3DS and there are no attachments. 

So what do you think this is?

"The CPU is three times faster and it has double the amount of RAM."

The Dsi has 133Mhz  ARM9 clocked at 133mhz. It is twice as fast as prevous models. It also has four times more RAM (16MB), it also added 256MB internal flash storage and sd card slot. not mentioning two cameras.

PSP GO added 8GB of internal storage, and PSP-3k has two times more RAM (64MB)

/thread

It feels as though those opposed to grouping the two together are being intentionally obtuse.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
nanzano said:
kowenicki said:
If you are going to combine VitaTV and Vita then anything goes.

VitaTV and vita have the exact same HW, "no" HW improvement, no games exclusive to the Vita TV... A Ps4 model with a small screen on it would be simply a Ps4 variant

but games are exclusive to the vita... So yeahhhh... :P

loool no.... We can't call them exclusive because it is not a matter of weak console but simply sony who hasn't or doesn't want to reprogramm these games for a 1080i format.

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

So what is wrong with having the two grouped together?

nanzano said:
tbone51 said:
nanzano said:
kowenicki said:

VitaTV and vita have the exact same HW, "no" HW improvement, no games exclusive to the Vita TV... A Ps4 model with a small screen on it would be simply a Ps4 variant

loool no.... We can't call them exclusive because it is not a matter of weak console but simply sony who hasn't or doesn't want to reprogramm these games for a 1080i format.

Explain the rear pad then... Also how come vita tv cant play all vita games? Same situation :p

Clyde32 said:
So what is wrong with having the two grouped together?

Market analysis. The N3DS launch will make things look like 3DS is doing extremely well and it is not the case because poeple are ditchind their old console to get the new one just like PS4 and PS3 or XBOX one and 360 recently. I think I will put this on the front page

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Around the Network
nanzano said:
tbone51 said:
nanzano said:
kowenicki said:

Well... There are many games that are exclusive to the Vita cause the Vita has a touchscreen and not cause of the resolution so it = hardware limitation of the Vita TV (cause there is no touch screen)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

nanzano said:

Market analysis. The N3DS launch will make things look like 3DS is doing extremely well and it is not the case because poeple are ditchind their old console to get the new one just like PS4 and PS3 or XBOX one and 360 recently. I think I will put this on the front page

Whenever any new model of something releases, whether it be the PS3 Slim or an LE, you get people who are rebuying. There is no way to eliminate that factor from market analysis and there really isn't any reason to.

N3DS is just as much a 3DS as the DSi was a DS...separating them gives you more data, and I would like to see a breakdown of sales (if VGC is even capable of that), but on the front page, they should be in one column

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
nanzano said:
tbone51 said:
nanzano said:
kowenicki said:

Well... There are many games that are exclusive to the Vita cause the Vita has a touchscreen and not cause of the resolution which = hardware limitation of the Vita TV (cause there is no touch screen)

Yeah I forgot about the the reprogramming of games without touchscreen command and vita moving command. But we are talking about a new device geting exclusive due to the fact that it is more powerful not a compatibility issue

kupomogli said:
MDMAlliance said:
People claiming the New 3DS is a new console... the freaking system releases in two days and only has one "exclusive." If we were to count this as a totally separate system and part of a new generation, it would be an extremely short generation with literally only a handful of exclusives for the entirety of its life. The New 3DS sales are LITERALLY hanging onto the fact that the 3DS games are still coming out. Why? Because it's a 3DS remodel, not a new system. If it were a new system, it would have more exclusives and it would have been announced in a more grandiose manner.

In the end, the New 3DS owners are mostly going to be playing regular 3DS games. People saying that the GBA jump is pretty similar, it isn't. The GBA had its own games that you can attribute to it. The only game we know about for the New 3DS is a port, and the system is literally just about to release in Japan. Oh, and another thing you guys are missing is the fact that the New 3DS is still running on the 3DS OS... how is it NOT a 3DS?

When the N64 launched there were only two exclusives. 

Nintendo usually drops support at the drop of a hat as soon as they launch a new console, but with the New 3DS being backwards compatible, why drop support?  Sucker people into buying the old console, then when they realize that the game they want doesn't work and they'll need the new one, they'll have to buy that one too.

There was barely any GBA support after the release of the DS.  That didn't stop Nintendo from continuing to sell the GBA.  That didn't stop them from releasing the GBA Micro either.  Maybe some suckers will buy a new version of a console that's no longer being supported.  Or not.  The Micro bombed.

N64 was a totally different system from the SNES, that's not something you can dispute (especially given that the N64 was not backwards compatible).  Also, the New 3DS not only has only one "exclusive" (port), it is also the ONLY title we know about for any time in the immediate future for the system.  Also, you did not address the fact that the OS hasn't changed.  I think that's a pretty important detail.

Also, most console manufacturers continue support of their previous gen when they launch the new one, but they also focus their resources on their new gen console.  That is NOT happening with the New 3DS.  They didn't even make a whole big announcement for it.  If it were a new system, they would let people know, so that more people would be willing to buy it.  

Another thing is that you said that Nintendo usually drops support at the drop of a hat, which does seem to happen.  However, your reasoning for the New 3DS makes little sense, because the Wii U is backwards compatible, but they dropped support for the Wii "at the drop of a hat" regardless.  You can try to rationale that it's because they wanted to raise the appeal for the Wii U, but then you just contradict yourself because then that should mean that the regular 3DS should have support dropped.  Instead, we still have some relatively big titles to come for the 3DS.  

There's very little reason to think that the New 3DS is a new gen system.  Having exclusives doesn't suddenly change the generations, because it's pretty obvious the New 3DS is still in the 3DS Family (think about what generation even means).  If you want to count them separately, fine.  But the New 3DS is going to effectively be used as a regular 3DS with a handful of games that cannot be played on the original.

nanzano said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well... There are many games that are exclusive to the Vita cause the Vita has a touchscreen and not cause of the resolution which = hardware limitation of the Vita TV (cause there is no touch screen)

Yeah I forgot about the the reprogramming of games without touchscreen command and vita moving command. But we are talking about a new device geting exclusive due to the fact that it is more powerful not a compatibility issue

Yea but the thing is... Its not really a "next generation" of a Nintendo handheld. All it is, is just a slight upgrade with a few exclusives (Only One so far)... The DSi did the exact samething when that came out cause the DSi had a camera hence the exclusives. Granted its not the whole "its more powerful" sorta deal but the exclusives on the DSi, Vita, and the n3ds are due to hardware limitations in some form

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850