By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it logic to combine 3DS and N3DS sales ?

Logic to combine?

Yes 228 79.72%

No 36 12.59%

I don't realy konw 21 7.34%

Total:285

isn't the games library essentially the same?

This is like asking if you should count all PCs in the steam membership as "PCs", or like all iPhones should be counted as iPhones... yes, it's the same platform, they should be counted together.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
 The 3DS isn't anywhere close to being powerful enough to run Xenoblade Chronicles, so it's received more than a slight bump in in power. 

Can you substantiate that?  The limiting factor seems to be two things: architecture differences from the wii and raw cpu/gpu speed. Advantages the 3DS has over the Wii is more and faster ram, programmable shades,  and a lower output resolution(allows for more to be done elsewhere. ) Overall a port of Xeboblade would be just a matter of how easy can they fit the code to the 3DS architecture without bottlenecks,  and that is why a slightly more powerful cpu is all that might be needed to save time and money.  Otherwise,  with enough time and money Xeboblade could definitely be ported to the 3ds original. 

The New 3DS is just that, a new 3DS. It belongs to the 3DS product line (3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, new 3DS, new 3DS XL) so it makes sense to combine them.

Well its kinda like the ps vita TV
But, it can use different controllers (i think)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

It's the same thing, like the DS, DSi.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

If the Game Boy Color and Game Boy are lumped together in sales, then I don't see why 3DS and New 3DS are different. You also have the DSi, which had a slight hardware revision and is still considered a DS.

@ohmylanta1003 -Ya .....because I was serious about that!

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

KylieDog said:
It's a new console, more power, exclusive games, backwards compatible. Except for some reason they didn't change the name.

Is in effect same as GC/Wii.

No...it isn't. It's more along the lines of GB/GBC, and those were counted together. 

It's surely more logical than the question being asked.

KylieDog said:
It's a new console, more power, exclusive games, backwards compatible. Except for some reason they didn't change the name.

Is in effect same as GC/Wii.

Yeahhhhh.... Noooooooo!