By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XB1 will last the longest!

Kerotan said:
Am I the only one who plays my PS4 or any console for games? IU couldn't give a crap about apps and added features. I just want to play games games and games. In the comfort of my living room on my couch. I must be a dying breed.

lol  I feel the same.  MS basically created an item that there was no need for.  I can do everything the X1 does on my PC,Tablet Smart phone.  

I use my game console to get away from things like Skype,TV etc..

Around the Network

Because MS has gone green with the X1.

Lube Me Up

TheNelsconey said:
Kerotan said:
Am I the only one who plays my PS4 or any console for games? IU couldn't give a crap about apps and added features. I just want to play games games and games. In the comfort of my living room on my couch. I must be a dying breed.

lol  I feel the same.  MS basically created an item that there was no need for.  I can do everything the X1 does on my PC,Tablet Smart phone.  

I use my game console to get away from things like Skype,TV etc..

Exactly. The PS4 has an OK browser but even if it was top class I'd still use my PC or table for the internet. I only ever used Netflix on my PS3 and even then I haven't used that in months. 

Intrinsic said:
so basically people will stick to their XB1 while everyone goes off and buys a PS5? Good for M$ I guess.

To use apps that are probably easier and more fun to use on other devices.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

estebxx said:
d21lewis said:

I dunno.  The original Xbox had a short life but the Xbox 360 is still getting support even though it launched in 2005.  It didn't get a successor until 8 years later while the PS3 successor came 7 years after launch.  Not saying M$ is better or worse.  I'm just saying the next consoles will release when/if there's demand for it.  At least both companies are making hardware that lasts longer than five years, huh?

Well lets compare them

360 (year 8): GOW Judgement

PS3 (year 7): TLOU, Dragons Crown, Tales of Xillia, Disgaea D2, The Guided Fate Paradox, Gran Turismo 6, God of War Asencion, Beyond Two Souls, Aquapazza, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix etc (it really got more exclusives that year but im not gonna look for all of them.) OH just remembered Puppeteer came out also on 2013

360 (year 9): Titanfall (since its on PC i wouldnt really call it an exclusive but lets leave it in for the sake of competition)

PS3 (year 8): BlazBlue Chronophantasma, Drakengard 3, Akibas Trip, Tales of Xillia 2, Fairy Fencer F, Ar no Surge Ode to an Unborn Star, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Guilty Gear Xrd, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix, Yakuza Ishin, Natural Doctrine, Hajime no Ippo, Godzilla, Little Big Planet 3 etc. (yes there are more games that i didnt list because i dont remember them all)

360 (year 10): ------ (researched and couldnt find anything announced and every article talks about the X1 at this point on)

PS3 (year 9): Tales of Zestiria, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Gundam Breaker 2, Awakened Fate Ultimatum.

to early to have announced games for both platforms but i wouldnt be surprised if we still got some more japanese games for the PS3.

Now lest compare the years

Year 8:

360: got 1 exclusive (its last real retail exclusive GOW).

PS3: got a ton of exclusives (more than 10)

Yer 9:

360: Titanfall (shouldnt count as an exclusive since its on PC but lets leave it in...) so depend on how you want to see it the last 360 exclusive could be on year 8 on 2013

PS3: as of now we know of about 5 games to be released including big JRPGS like Persona 5 and Tales of Zestiria

Year 10:

No info yet...

Conclusion

the 360 got 1 game every year since 2013 and depending how you want to see it the last real exclusive would be GOW on 2013, on the other hand the PS3 has been getting a LOT of games since 2013 till now and if you want to compare it in years that the console has been out, it has also put out more games in its last years (8 and 9th year), and they are actual exclusives unlike titanfall, and i really wouldnt be surprised if it gets some games for 2016 as well.

NOTE: if i missed some 360 games or if i was simply wrong about anything please feel free to correct me.

Cant argue with facts.  Just saying that unless M$ pulls the plug, the Xbox 360 will alwasy be on the market as longer than the PS3.  Even if it gets less exclusive content, it is still alive and well.  

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Cant argue with facts.  Just saying that unless M$ pulls the plug, the Xbox 360 will alwasy be on the market as longer than the PS3.  Even if it gets less exclusive content, it is still alive and well.  

well, i cant deny that, we just have to see for how much time there will be cross gen multiplats.

estebxx said:
d21lewis said:

I dunno.  The original Xbox had a short life but the Xbox 360 is still getting support even though it launched in 2005.  It didn't get a successor until 8 years later while the PS3 successor came 7 years after launch.  Not saying M$ is better or worse.  I'm just saying the next consoles will release when/if there's demand for it.  At least both companies are making hardware that lasts longer than five years, huh?

Well lets compare them

360 (year 8): GOW Judgement

PS3 (year 7): TLOU, Dragons Crown, Tales of Xillia, Disgaea D2, The Guided Fate Paradox, Gran Turismo 6, God of War Asencion, Beyond Two Souls, Aquapazza, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix etc (it really got more exclusives that year but im not gonna look for all of them.) OH just remembered Puppeteer came out also on 2013

360 (year 9): Titanfall (since its on PC i wouldnt really call it an exclusive but lets leave it in for the sake of competition)

PS3 (year 8): BlazBlue Chronophantasma, Drakengard 3, Akibas Trip, Tales of Xillia 2, Fairy Fencer F, Ar no Surge Ode to an Unborn Star, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Guilty Gear Xrd, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix, Yakuza Ishin, Natural Doctrine, Hajime no Ippo, Godzilla, Little Big Planet 3 etc. (yes there are more games that i didnt list because i dont remember them all)

360 (year 10): ------ (researched and couldnt find anything announced and every article talks about the X1 at this point on)

PS3 (year 9): Tales of Zestiria, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Gundam Breaker 2, Awakened Fate Ultimatum.

to early to have announced games for both platforms but i wouldnt be surprised if we still got some more japanese games for the PS3.

Now lest compare the years

Year 8:

360: got 1 exclusive (its last real retail exclusive GOW).

PS3: got a ton of exclusives (more than 10)

Yer 9:

360: Titanfall (shouldnt count as an exclusive since its on PC but lets leave it in...) so depend on how you want to see it the last 360 exclusive could be on year 8 on 2013

PS3: as of now we know of about 5 games to be released including big JRPGS like Persona 5 and Tales of Zestiria

Year 10:

No info yet...

Conclusion

the 360 got 1 game every year since 2013 and depending how you want to see it the last real exclusive would be GOW on 2013, on the other hand the PS3 has been getting a LOT of games since 2013 till now and if you want to compare it in years that the console has been out, it has also put out more games in its last years (8 and 9th year), and they are actual exclusives unlike titanfall, and i really wouldnt be surprised if it gets some games for 2016 as well.

NOTE: if i missed some 360 games or if i was simply wrong about anything please feel free to correct me.

Very nice post.

That being said, Microsoft dropped the original Xbox quickly while PS2 recieved a lot of support.  Now PS3 is being supported longer.  History generally repeats itself, and Microsoft has a past prescedent for dropping support first.  The only way I see Xbox One lasting longer than the PS4 is if Microsoft decides to pull out of the market, and thus Xbox One lives longer because Xbox Too will never happen.

Xbox Too was meant to be a joke in place of Xbox Two.

No. Microsoft themselves won't suppprt it that long, only indie developers on the Windows store.

This kind of thread reminds me when Blu-ray won and people said the same thing about PS3. Consoles are bought for games. Nobody cares about media center in it.

There are now more ways to enjoy media and apps than ever, so I don't think this is an important feature for XB1.

The one that lasts longest will be the one with longest games support.

My 8th gen collection