By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Shadow of Mordor Run at 720p/30fps on Xbox One?

Resolution difference is one thing but half the framerate is when even the most casual players will start to care.

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Like i said all them specs show me is that the PS4 has like 15-20% more power in the real world, sure its enough to make sure the PS4 is a step above the X1 but it sure as hell is not a 50% diff

The is no reason for why the is such a drastic res and framerate diff other then the engine not being well made for the X1 like others have said.

EA's engine just so happens to be the better multiplatform engine.

Also to the ones who says that this will only grow in favor of the PS4 and thinks this is only going to get worse as the gen goes on most not understand how optimisation works in fact the is a very good chance the engines such as the Fox engine and EA's Engine are already using 100% or close to 100% of the hardware of the X1 and PS4 as has always been the case with other gens but with optimisation gfx can get better as they can squise more out of the hardware on both the x1 and the PS4.

Look up almost any spec comparison video on Youtube. The PS4 is 50% faster than the Xbone. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zero129 said:

Like i said all them specs show me is that the PS4 has like 15-20% more power in the real world, sure its enough to make sure the PS4 is a step above the X1 but it sure as hell is not a 50% diff

The is no reason for why the is such a drastic res and framerate diff other then the engine not being well made for the X1 like others have said.

Also to the ones who says that this will only grow in favor of the PS4 and thinks this is only going to get worse as the gen goes on most not understand how optimisation works in fact the is a very good chance the engines such as the Fox engine and EA's Engine are already using 100% or close to 100% of the hardware of the X1 and PS4 as has always been the case with other gens but with optimisation gfx can get better as they can squise more out of the hardware on both the x1 and the PS4.

Look up almost any spec comparison video on Youtube. The PS4 is 50% faster than the Xbone. 

By specs, surely. Always was.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The GPU side only.

CPU is the same, memory reservation is the same, memory bandwide is very close if you use the ERAM smartely.

720 vs 1080p is a odd ball here and happend only twice since launch. Unless your game engine sucks hard the "natural" gap is 40% (900 vs 1080 or 720 vs 900).

Dark_Feanor said:

The GPU side only.

CPU is the same, memory reservation is the same, memory bandwide is very close if you use the ERAM smartely.

720 vs 1080p is a odd ball here and happend only twice since launch. Unless your game engine sucks hard the "natural" gap is 40% (900 vs 1080 or 720 vs 900).

Twice?

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Golf Club
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015

That I remember... can be more if you start to grind.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Dark_Feanor said:

The GPU side only.

Twice?

Golf Club

You realy go deep into things.

Golf Club, realy? Sorry, but I only have time for games that Digital Foundry makes a Face-off.

And PES? It´s the Fox Engine there is clearly some problems with Konami dev team.

My point remains. If the engine is garbage or developers don´t have time/man power to tune the game those odd balls remains, as we still had at late last genaration games that suffers on the PS3 (Skyrim, someone?).

You are a smart guy, how else could you explain those 5 cases against more than 50 others multplat games running at closer or identical resolution/fps? Even indie games are easily reaching parity.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

If its true that's the biggest difference in a multiplat we have seen so far I think.

Tomb Raider was pretty close if I remember correctly.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zero129 said:

^YuP!  And that is the minimum.

Captain_Tom said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

If its true that's the biggest difference in a multiplat we have seen so far I think.

Tomb Raider was pretty close if I remember correctly.

No, the resolution disparity wasn't as significant.

It was 1080p during gameplay, 900p during cutscens and generally locked at 30 fps. PS4 version was 1080p and achieved 60 fps with dips into 40s during action.

So 720p/30fps is considerably worse.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ethomaz said:

Twice?

Golf Club

CoD:Ghosts atleast maintained a better frame rate on X1. According to DF the PS4 version dipped into the 40s.

Either way, 720p vs 1080p hasn't been that common. Those aren't even the best looking games on either platform.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)