By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Shadow of Mordor Run at 720p/30fps on Xbox One?

Does Shadow of Mordor Run at 720p/30fps on Xbox One?

In case you haven’t already heard, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is a fantastic game. It takes all of the best Lord of the Rings lore, adds some new stuff of its own, and builds a dynamic action game around it. If there’s one thing proven it’s that the game looks fantastic on PS4. Running at 1080p at an unlocked 60fps, the entire experience is smooth as butter and looks exactly like what a current-gen game should look like at this point.

One thing that’s been concerning is the fact that Warner Bros. and Monolith have been a mum on the Xbox One version. There’s been no confirmed reports about its performance and whenever the game is demoed, it’s been demoed on PS4. More still, no (or very few) Xbox One review copies were supplied to publications.

Now that the game’s release is only two days away, some have been able to get their hands on Xbox One copies of the game. Streams have been infrequently occurring in the past 24 hours and what we’ve been hearing from them isn’t good. There’s been multiple reports that the game runs at either 720p or 900p at a locked 30fps. We’re seeing reports of 900p (or sub-900p) more often than 720p, but there hasn’t yet been anybody reporting it runs higher than 900. More still, the consensus is that it doesn’t cross the 30fps line.

Of course until we can do a proper analysis of the game, this should all be taken with a grain of salt, but the fact that these reports are coming from Xbox One-centric streamers means they’re worth keeping an eye on.

Source: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/09/28/does-shadow-of-mordor-run-at-720p30fps-on-xbox-one/108168/

Around the Network

If its true that's the biggest difference in a multiplat we have seen so far I think.

This better be just a rumour or else this is a serious disgrace.

Call me when there is a reliable source. Random people making guesses really does nothing for me.

No way on earth it's 720p 30fps while PS4 is 1080 at 60 unlocked. My bet is 900p or thereabouts 60fps unlocked. PS4 is more powerful, but not that much more.
If 720 30 is true then I think lazy dev is a legit accusation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Hmmm, the PS4 version from what I've seen does not run at 60fps at any point and is subject to a fair amount of slowdown also ( according to various website reviews).

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

here is a list of past games for references on the differences between the consoles thus far.

that time of the yr again lota 3rd partys coming out with that we get the comparisons so far we have PES, shadow of modor, COD AW, and lord of the fallen that are inferior on XB1

Play Me

Shinobi had this to say on the matter:

"MS friend playing the game isn't too happy with the image. Says it's definitely nowhere close to 60fps that he can feel, feels it's much closer to 30. Image is somewhat blurry, "extremely so" at some points, on foliage especially. Distinct lack of AA too. I guess we'll find out Tuesday."

The PS5 Exists. 

Interesting to say the least.

Guess we'll find out Tuesday/Wednesday when everyone has the game.

I trust what Shinobi has to say. I'm wondering i It's really 720p/30fps vs 1080p/near 60fps, that seems a bit drastic.

Outside of Tomb Raider DE and Soul Suspect we haven't seen such a drastic frame rate difference, and reading the digital foundry review for Soul Suspect it didn't seem worth the unlocked frame rate. 

Outside of Tomb Raider this could be the first game that has some major differences, at least for me.

Edit: Emphasis on "me" because Ground Zeroes was still a demo to me, and COD Ghosts was the worst COD I ever bought.

Also looks like PES  Soccer is going to run 1080 vs 720 on X1/PS4 according to GAF.

It's just that simple.