By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PES 2015: 1080p/60fps on PS4, 720p/60fps on Xbox One & PS3

IamAwsome said:

Yup, 100% true. Madden exemplifies this PERFECTLY. 

*Sighs* I miss the NFL 2K days

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Sounds good to me. The more people that buy FIFA instead of PES the faster PES dies out. The faster PES dies out the faster FIFA can get the few remaining licences it is missing

1. Unlikely

2. That's a horrible thing. The only person a monopoly is good for is EA.

Not quite true, it would also be good for FIFA fans. Having more licensed leagues is good for fans

And EA wouldn't need to get them considering nobody would have a choice in the matter.

You only have to look at the situation with the NFL. When NFL2K5 released, EA dropped the price of Madden. Even if you preferred Madden to NFL2K you benefitted from the competition. Now EA rolls out a middling NFL game annually for $60 a pop.

Ka-pi96 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Not quite true, it would also be good for FIFA fans. Having more licensed leagues is good for fans

And EA wouldn't need to get them considering nobody would have a choice in the matter.

Well if EA don't bother getting them then Sega could for their Football Manager series, so still makes me happy

Good for you. Personally, I'd rather fellow gamers not get shafted but that's just me.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

TheAdjustmentBureau said:

Been here already. I have played both games. No offense but you can read my replies and others replies to this.

I havent enjoyed PES since PS2. For a fooball game having 8 players locally in the same room is more important. 4v4 parties. Or 8 player online parties. Lots of Football fans still do this. I actually did this yesterday with Fifa 15 and a load of beers. Was awesome.

The question isn't which is the best game, the question is which is more technically demanding, and clearly PES is more technically demanding than FIFA. This is obviously why they went for a lower resolution. They could have gone for 900p/30fps but they opted to keep the framerate, which is what is the most important thing ... or so Xbox fans have been telling us for a while now.

The PS5 Exists. 

Aura7541 said:
IamAwsome said:

Yup, 100% true. Madden exemplifies this PERFECTLY. 

*Sighs* I miss the NFL 2K days

EA supposedly has the rights to the NFL license for "a couple more years". After that I hope Take Two or somebody else actally shows them how to make a football game. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

The question isn't which is the best game, the question is which is more technically demanding, and clearly PES is more technically demanding than FIFA. This is obviously why they went for a lower resolution. They could have gone for 900p/30fps but they opted to keep the framerate, which is what is the most important thing ... or so Xbox fans have been telling us for a while now.

I think the real question is why hasn't Konami gotten better at optimization? If PS4 can achieve 1080p/60fps, they should be able to 900p/60 fps on X1.

The resolution and frame rate disparity generally isn't this far apart anymore.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Teeqoz said:
It's because it's Konami.

On PS4 almost all multi games look better. Sorry for the truth.
project cars and lords of fallen looks on ps4 better too with beautiful 1080p : )

Mr Puggsly said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I think the real question is why hasn't Konami gotten better at optimization? If PS4 can achieve 1080p/60fps, they should be able to 900p/60 fps on X1.

The resolution and frame rate disparity generally isn't this far apart anymore.

Why "Should they"? I mean, we all know the X1 is weaker, so why is it expected that it hits 900p? Maybe they couldn't get it that high without Framerate taking a hit. Fifa is 1080, but it does get hit in the FPS department every now and then and it doesn't look as good as this year's PES.

Wow, its disappointing that there are still games coming out in 720p on X1.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Its not going to sell a lot period. FIFA is the king of soccer games for quiet a while now. Konami should spend that PES money on something else. Like bringing back Suikoden for example.