By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PES 2015: 1080p/60fps on PS4, 720p/60fps on Xbox One & PS3

LOL, all of a sudden, EA is the best. Seriously, there is a limit to being hurt.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
TheAdjustmentBureau said:

Been here already. I have played both games. No offense but you can read my replies and others replies to this.

I havent enjoyed PES since PS2. For a fooball game having 8 players locally in the same room is more important. 4v4 parties. Or 8 player online parties. Lots of Football fans still do this. I actually did this yesterday with Fifa 15 and a load of beers. Was awesome.

The question isn't which is the best game, the question is which is more technically demanding, and clearly PES is more technically demanding than FIFA. This is obviously why they went for a lower resolution. They could have gone for 900p/30fps but they opted to keep the framerate, which is what is the most important thing ... or so Xbox fans have been telling us for a while now.

I disagree. I think fifa 15 is more impressive visually. I'm not here to change opinions, because on the internet you can never know someone's agenda. That's not a stab at you, its unfortunately a fact of humanity. I've played both and as such can form my own opinion. I have stated my reasons of why I see fifa 15 as technically superior earlier in this thread. I have already played several games alot more visually impressive than pes2015 on xbox one at higher native resolutions. With that said the pes team aren't entirely at fault, as the engine its on isn't tweaked enough for xbox ones more difficult ram set. Which also can be attributed to microsofts decision to set the ram the way they did.

wary-wallaroo said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think the real question is why hasn't Konami gotten better at optimization? If PS4 can achieve 1080p/60fps, they should be able to 900p/60 fps on X1.

The resolution and frame rate disparity generally isn't this far apart anymore.

Why "Should they"? I mean, we all know the X1 is weaker, so why is it expected that it hits 900p? Maybe they couldn't get it that high without Framerate taking a hit. Fifa is 1080, but it does get hit in the FPS department every now and then and it doesn't look as good as this year's PES.

That's not a real quote. I said "they should be able to."

I repeat, the resolution and frame rate disparity generally isn't this significant anymore. So this says more about Konami's X1 optimization.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
wary-wallaroo said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think the real question is why hasn't Konami gotten better at optimization? If PS4 can achieve 1080p/60fps, they should be able to 900p/60 fps on X1.

The resolution and frame rate disparity generally isn't this far apart anymore.

Why "Should they"? I mean, we all know the X1 is weaker, so why is it expected that it hits 900p? Maybe they couldn't get it that high without Framerate taking a hit. Fifa is 1080, but it does get hit in the FPS department every now and then and it doesn't look as good as this year's PES.

I repeat, the resolution and frame rate disparity generally isn't this significant anymore. So this says more about Konami's X1 optimization.

I think this says more about the X1 hardware than Konami.  Or is it just lazy/cheap devs.

For these that are saying FIFA 15 looks close to PES 2015... it not even close... if you chance camera and to zoom you see a lot of detail in PES that didn't exists in FIFA.

Around the Network
TheNelsconey said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think this says more about the X1 hardware than Konami.  Or is it just lazy/cheap devs.

That's an easy conclusion to reach when you ignore what other developers are pushing out of the hardware. I don't expect parity, just better than 720p if PS4 is doing 1080p.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ka-pi96 said:
Downanime00 said:
LOL, all of a sudden, EA is the best. Seriously, there is a limit to being hurt.

All of a sudden? eh? Were EA ever not the best?

As far as sports games as a whole. Hell no. 2Ksports is the best.

KazumaKiryu said:
Teeqoz said:
It's because it's Konami.

On PS4 almost all multi games look better. Sorry for the truth.
project cars and lords of fallen looks on ps4 better too with beautiful 1080p : )

I'm fully aware of the PS4 having better graphics, but saying that PES couldn't run in 1080p on the XBO is foolish.

An interesting Twitter conversation is going on at the moment between disgruntled XB1 fans and PES developer:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/16390-dev-pes-2015-ps3xbox-one-720p-resolution-doesnt-mean-visuals-will-be-same.html

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
An interesting Twitter conversation is going on at the moment between disgruntled XB1 fans and PES developer:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/16390-dev-pes-2015-ps3xbox-one-720p-resolution-doesnt-mean-visuals-will-be-same.html

His best answer was he saying to look to the others games... it is not a PES 2015 issue... he hints they dropped the resolution for locked 60fps.