By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4's Early Sales Lead Might Be All Smoke and Mirrors

Tagged games:

pockethamster said:
FATALITY said:

in this case it would an opinion. which in my opinion both are garbage.

now about ps4 vs xbone u just have to deal with it

Your opinion means nothing

that isnt my opinion. thats a fact. go search

there is no need to upset xbox will be fine

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

Is the concept of momentum really that hard to understand?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

FATALITY said:
pockethamster said:
FATALITY said:

in this case it would an opinion. which in my opinion both are garbage.

now about ps4 vs xbone u just have to deal with it

Your opinion means nothing

Now we are getting somewhere, the internet told you it's better.

I rest my case your honor; it's quite clear why the PS4 is selling more.

TheBlackNaruto said:
binary solo said:
I'm disappointed, I thought this was going to be a Jega thread and I came in here looking for a laugh.

THIS.....I was POSITIVE this was a Jega thread adn I got let down lol.

On Topic:

Not a very well written article at all.

i think he is still banned

Same price, superior hardware.

Why is ps4 sell so much?!

Around the Network
Sharpryno said:
ICStats said:

They may be technically similar, but people don't base buying decisions on that.  The PS4 is better in a number of ways: power, looks, size, and arguably in experience too, and for a long time price.  So when people make a buying decision they won't think "well they're almost the same" and then flip a coin to pick one.  The one that's perceived better is picked significantly more, and then there is the network effect.

The PR effect is also really strong.  Some people just don't want to support MS anymore plain and simple.  I was fairly neutral on XB1's original DRM proposals, and originally thinking to get an XB1 this holiday, but MS pissed me off with Tomb Raider and I'm definitely not going to buy an XB1 this holiday because of that PR.  Simple as that, if you tick people off the wrong way they won't buy your product even if they would have otherwise.

Pissed you off by helping to publish and work on Tomb Raider?  How come Sony did not piss you off with all the extra content and exclusive alpha/beta?  MS simply has timed DLC which is pretty short.  Sony, this gen, has been straight up buying content that does not get released on the XBO.  Has happened for Watch Dogs, AC4, and Destiny (year long but basically exclusive to ps4 as Destiny will be dead in a year).

Tomb Raider was a profitable game.  Also TR:DE had almost double the framerate on PS4 as on XB1.  RoTR is a game that was coming to PS4 and MS paid to block it (sure they are helping publ... cough, line SE's pockets with easy money instead of selling the game to it's fans).

Be my guest and be pissed off at Sony.  I'm not.  3rd party games run best on the PS4 so Sony is not holding back the games.  I wouldn't buy any multiplat games for XB1 anyway.

My 8th gen collection

Sharpryno said:

?  Those are things I use daily along with voice commands.  

I feel like if I got a ps4 it would be nothing more than a ps3 with better hardware.  Still plan to get it when the games I want come out for it. 

I just have to ask though what makes the XB1 not a 360 with better hardware then? Snapping and the HDMI in can't really be it can it?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

pockethamster said:
FATALITY said:

Now we are getting somewhere, the internet told you it's better.

I rest my case your honor; it's quite clear why the PS4 is selling more.

Well the PS4 is selling so well because currently more people just seem to want the PS4 more than the XB1 or see more value in the PS4 than the XB1. It could change but there is no foreseeable  reason that it would.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I could have written that article, but the tittle choice was a little missleading.

The real mistery is why PS4 is supose to be doing that great in Europe (twice the Wii 2007 numbers), and may be rest of the world. And why XOne is suposely bitting the dust on those regions.

The NPD data gives us only less than 800k advantage for the PS4, and similar number with Japan. 70% of PS4 advantage is in Europe which has been historicaly about 40% of WW market.

Some articles should not be copied, especially stupid opinion editorials.

Don't copy random editorials.