By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4's Early Sales Lead Might Be All Smoke and Mirrors

Tagged games:

DolPhanTendo said:
One Answer and I find it funny that Sony is clueless on it too. But if you look at the recent numbers of Sony as whole company, it is in 2 billion dollar debt, combined that with the massive over marketing campaign I would say this is the reason it has jumped out to early lead.
Think about logically the first massive over marketing I saw was the Super Bowl. I think about every third commercial break was the greatness awaits ad. Now from what I remember 4 years ago Ad space during a commercial 30 second spot was roughly 15 million dollars. You can do math from there.
Then being the solely Major Sponsor for the World Cup probably wasn't cheap either. I'm saying all this because Sony Market the hell out of it but can it hold momentum when games coming out start getting bad critic scores, and cutting back the advertising..

Some games might be getting bad scores, but their are more than enough games on PS4 out NOW with good/great scores.

Also just because a game got bad scores from reviewers doesn't actually mean its bad.