By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony Need to Counter Halo MCC?

GTAexpert said:
Areym said:
taus90 said:
AZWification said:

Sony doesn't need to counter everything MS does you know.

besides launching together out of the gate what else did sony counter (titanfall, price cut?) and IMO Halo MCC is the first geniune threat to sony since launch last year.

Unless MCC collections can push out like 5 million consoles before the end of the year, I doubt sony is too worried. They got DriveClub and LBP. They aren't huge system seller, if at all, but they are coming in with mild hype.

Driveclub CAN be a huge system seller as it can draw many racing game fans to the console. It can also give a massive boost to PS Plus subscriptions on PS4.  That really depends on its critical reception though.

Yeah, critical reception will be important, as well as decent marketing. It is the game in between gran turismo's, so I assume they will push it hard. Evolution Studios is a good studio, motorstorm stayed in the 80s on metacritic so I think DriveClub won't drop below 70.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
I can't remember the last time an HD collection was a system seller.

god of war collection

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

MohammadBadir said:
Nathan Drake Collection?

That would be beast. Still haven't played them yet.

Microsoft doesnt have very much to counter. Their wallet does most of the work for them rather than their internal abilities, which means Sony should be wary but not extremely concerned.

If Sony makes games Microsoft cannot answer to like Uncharted, MS will keep making acts of desperation to prove Sony right.

Its not about being behind Sony, its also about naturally not being able to follow them despite what they already have right now. Wait until Sony unloads their internal games at MS. They wont be able to follow. Sony is going to prove them to be more creatively handicapped than they've already shown with Tomb Raider's temporary exclusivity. ;)

Sony should not forget about Halo, but rather focus on what matters until their answer for Halo comes. During the PS3 era once Sony bashed MS with exclusve after exclusive not one FPS hit the mark but all the other genres did fairly to very very well. This speaks volumes. They need to stick to what works until they get to the level they demand for shooters. 

Maybe Sony needs to be like MS and scount an outside companies Shooter then buy the company.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Fusioncode said:
I can't remember the last time an HD collection was a system seller.

god of war collection

That wasn't a system seller. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

i dont think sony is trembling from a hd collection, holidays aren't to far away,every ps4 will be bought up regardless of what software ms puts out.. wait wait, unless you meant how is nin gonna counter

Their games were already announced so we already know PS4 won't do anything, and they don't need. They are preparing for the future with Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and such. Right now DriveClub and The Last of Us Remaster is enough according to their sales.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

They could if they released an Uncharted collection, but I don't think they really care to try and compete with it period. Collection games are a great idea, but they're never gonna be big sellers, as most of the people that would buy them have already played through the games they offer. This is especially prevalent with MCC. There's not a whole lot of XBone players out who didn't own a previous XB, so most likely they will have already played Halo 1-4. Sure, it'll grab the attention of a few here and there, but most of the sales will come from people who cared enough about these games to play through them again, and there aren't a large ammount of those.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon