By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony Need to Counter Halo MCC?

Eh? Doesn't MS need Halo MCC in order to try to counter Sony dominating by the mere fact it has a superior console in the public mind? The question is whether Halo MCC is actually going to be an effective counter for the vibe and momentum PS4 has created?

Why on earth would Sony give a single thought to Xb one beating PS4 in sales for a week, or even 2? As far as we know Sony and MS don't really analyse each other's sales that closely and more than likely Sony will be looking at monthly and quarterly comparisons, and on that score, globally in the globe, Halo MCC will have little effect.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
taus90 said:
Ali_16x said:
I'm sure Sony will release a GTA V bundle since they have no other bundles. Think about it, Nov 18 right before black friday, will sell tons. Also it will probably be for around $450 so when they look at the CODAW bundle for $500, parents will go for the cheaper one. Honestly I think Microsoft messed up by making it $500 again.

what Xbox one is back at $500! or is it just the bundle price?

COD Bundle. 1TB hard drive, custom design plus game (obv)

Perhaps another Killzone collection?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Yes. I think Sony needs to localize Yakuza 5 this holiday or face certain doom.

There is nothing to counter, X1 wont outsell PS4 , juste close the gap for one week

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Are we sure that MCC will really be a big hit? Looking at the VGC pre-order charts and Amazon hourly charts it's performing decently, but doesn't really look like it's going to be huge.

The MCC might be really good value for the asking price, but at the end of the day we're still talking about games that the intended audience most likely already played and might still own on the original XBox and 360...

Me, I think CODAW will do much more for the XBone than the Masterchief collection.

vivster said:
I think we established already that Sony doesn't need games to sell the PS4.
You don't need to overexert yourself in the warmup round ;)

brilliant first response! XD

taus90 said:
Ali_16x said:
I'm sure Sony will release a GTA V bundle since they have no other bundles. Think about it, Nov 18 right before black friday, will sell tons. Also it will probably be for around $450 so when they look at the CODAW bundle for $500, parents will go for the cheaper one. Honestly I think Microsoft messed up by making it $500 again.

what Xbox one is back at $500! or is it just the bundle price?

Bundle price with 1tb hdd.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Perhaps another Killzone collection?

I don't think Sony needs to counter Halo MCC.I have never owned a Xbox, but if i should get one this would be the first game on the list.