By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony Need to Counter Halo MCC?

Don't forget that COD is released one week before. It could be a bigger threat than MCC for Sony.

COD + MCC are both a big thread, at least in USA, for SONY.

But GTA5 is released just one week later, a GTA5 PS4 bundle could be Sony answer.

Around the Network

Sony doesn't need to counter Halo. And it won't. Perhaps maybe throwing its support behind GTAV and Far Cry 4.
Halo will be more of a threat to Microsoft if it doesn't turn out a win. This is why it was foolish for so many people to put so much stock into Titanfall.
The concensus was "Microsoft will obviously win March because of Titanfall" ... Lets not do this to MCC. Placing too much pressure on on title has given us the MK8 disappointment. MCC will do well even if PS4 takes November.

globalisateur said:
Don't forget that COD is released one week before. It could be a bigger threat than MCC for Sony.

But GTA5 is released just one week later, a GTA5 PS4 bundle could be Sony answer.

lol ps4 version of call of duty will outsell the xbox 1 version.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

FATALITY said:
globalisateur said:

Maybe. But remember that in the end (even with current price reduction of some XB1 games, COD ghosts comprised) COD ghosts XB1 outsold the PS4 game in US.

And the current pre-orders of COD are much higher (than on PS4) on XB1 in US. 

So in my opinion, in US, both games, COD and MCC, are a threat for PS4 and its usual NPD win, for November. But a GTA5 Sony bundle could do it, just enough to win, even slightly the NPD once again in November.

After that the next real threat would be Halo 5, next year...

globalisateur said:
FATALITY said:
globalisateur said:

Maybe. But remember that in the end (even with current price reduction of some XB1 games, COD ghosts comprised) COD ghosts XB1 outsold the PS4 game in US.

And the current pre-orders of COD are much higher (than on PS4) on XB1 in US. 

So in my opinion, in US, both games, COD and MCC, are a threat for PS4 and its usual NPD win, for November. But a GTA5 Sony bundle could do it, just enough to win, even slightly the NPD once again in November.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the pre-order charts here.

Around the Network
globalisateur said:
FATALITY said:
globalisateur said:

next year sony has U4 plus the userbase.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

They will just bundle Drive Club, Destiny, Lbp3 and GTA V and then market the crap put of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they advertise the Ratchet and clank trilogy as a bundle too since its suppose to release around January. They could pack it with a preorder code.

the Santa Monica game and The Order clearly screwed up Sonys release schedule and marketing campaigns, so I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it simple.

Nope, mcc will get lost in the holiday sales.

If this was early in the year they might just for the fuck of it like how ISS out did TF in march.

no they dont
they are fine with multiplats

Ali_16x said:
I'm sure Sony will release a GTA V bundle since they have no other bundles. Think about it, Nov 18 right before black friday, will sell tons. Also it will probably be for around $450 so when they look at the CODAW bundle for $500, parents will go for the cheaper one. Honestly I think Microsoft messed up by making it $500 again.

what Xbox one is back at $500! or is it just the bundle price?