By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - WTH...Xbox One China launch will be delayed??

Chinese characters are so pretty.

Around the Network

Polygon now covering the story http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/20/6637459/xbox-one-china-launch-delayed EDITED*

Maybe they didn't have enough launch units for the demand they're seeing and want to allocate more to the region for a bigger launch with sales. It will certainly do their PR department a favor.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

mymuro said:
CosmicSex said:
This should come as a shock to no one. Sony just announced that the PS4 is selling twice as fast as PS2 in Asia, and in its pre-TGS show, showcase a plethora of titles coming to the Chinese market. Microsoft's statement acknowledges that their lineup needs to be enhanced. Considering that the console is $600 in CHINA with a limited catalog of titles,they really need offer beef up their lineup.

I dont think thats MS‘s call since some of us have already got our consoles earlier than 22nd.

Most of us suspect thats releated to state administration of press, publication, radio, film and television, the one that forbade PS2's advertisement years ago.

Or because of adminstration of culture. Must be either of these two notorious departments.

Around the Network
AZWification said:

That should have been a Nintendo exclusive

Every day that ticks by is a day closer to the possibility of the PlayStation 4 stealing it's thunder.

So theyre giving people their preorders but cannot ship more? Sounds like supply issues to me...

toastboy44562 said:
So theyre giving people their preorders but cannot ship more? Sounds like supply issues to me...

No. Any guess from business point is just foolish. This is China, everything should be related to politics.

Few days ago, CEO of BestTV complained about how difficult to get all kinds of approval from different government departments to premier. Hence xbox delayed as a result of fighting between different forces in government.

In this case, should be central government, state administration of press, publication, radio, film and television,  adminstration of culture.

As xbox one was the 001 approval from Shanghai free trade zone, central government definitely want xbox to be a successful example fr the others.

I certainly hope they can bring our long-anticipated China's ESRB rating out so that no more region-lock excuses in the future.

kowenicki said:
Surely not supply issues? Sounds like it though. Excellent.

People trying to say it's supply issue?...Most likely demand was low so they decided to wait  and try to garner more support and maybe more games to appeal to that market. Lets not pretend China was going to demand a major supply boost.