By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Adult women are now the largest demographic in gaming--_-- Say Whaaa'h!

I grew up on consoles and my girl friends growing up rarely if ever touched games, it was my guy friends that I could talk Metroid or Castlevania with. Now? My girl friends do play games, on their phones. Mainly puzzle games. That is fine, but it doesn't surprise me that when console gaming comes up I get mostly vacant expressions from them. Maybe enough Candy Crush will soften them to a Diablo session down the road.

If gaming was a city it use to be lightly populated. Now a new neighborhood was built and annexed, but the people there stay there and rarely visit the old town part. Maybe they will in time, so progress of a sort.

Around the Network
Nymeria said:
 it was my guy friends that I could talk Metroid or Castlevania with. Now? My girlfriends do play games,

Augen won't like that. No, no, he won't like it one bit.

Wright said:

Nymeria said:

it was my guy friends that I could talk Metroid or Castlevania with. Now? My girlfriends do play games, 

Augen won't like that. No, no, he won't like it one bit.

It's right, he won't like it. 

Really? I'm an almost adult woman and I don't find many fellow girl gamers.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

QuintonMcLeod said:

I'd rather take this woman's word over the opinions of that article's author. At least this woman's video is much more researched. This also comes from a feminist.

http://youtu.be/9MxqSwzFy5w

holy shit, is this real? shes not reading from some script? I LOVE THIS WOMAN

But, but, video games are sexist! Gamers are misogynistic pigs! The industry hates women! Sarkeesian! Quinn! 4Chan! White, straight, males! Damsel in distress! Ah, ARGH..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGHHHH!!!!

Around the Network

Is this a candy crush thread?

But most aren't hardcore ones like...Kaceytron.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Say yes!!!

I wish a study was done excluding the mobile market.

Of course they're the "largest" *wink*