By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So it looks like GOTY will be going to either DA:I, Bayonetta 2 or LBP3

Farcry 3 would have won much more GOTY awards if it wasn't released in December, farcry 4 will be real good

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
holmen said:

For me personally? Probably Dangan ronpa 2 :)

I still haven't played that yet. Is it better than the first one?

Yes. It's very similar to the first one in a different setting and different participants.

A few more gameplay systems in the trials

If you did not like the first one, avoid the second one. And storywise there are back references so the game expects you to have played the first one before this

I'd be willing to bet it's Far Cry 4

If you go by Metacritic, and remove remakes/remasters it seems to be the year of indies: 

• Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - 90
  • Shovel Knight - 92
  • Velocity 2X - 90
  • ZEN Pinball 2: The Walking Dead - 86
  • Resogun -86

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Calling it now

Would be dumb and unfair if they gave it to a remastered version of last year's game.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Calling it now

TLOU:RE.JPEG

Would be dumb and unfair if they gave it to a remastered version of last year's game.

Those two words describe the GOTY process in a nutshell, occassionally it works, but most of the time it doesnt. So I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Ryse might also get it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Oh, Dark Souls 2 is probably also a big contender.

BraLoD said:
After Destiny bad reception, I really don't know who can win this.
Maybe Mario Kart 8? But seems hard to happen. Is Unity coming this year? It may have a big chance now.

----> Dark Souls 2 got great reviews and it was a great game.It should get some Goty awards.

Everybody forgets about Dark Souls 2....is it because it was last gen only?

It's funny though, a last gen game only and a remastered last gen game obliterated (in terms of reviews) all the super hyped "next gen" games.

But it's only been a year and imo there are decent enough games to play on next gen.

I don't think either Bayonetta 2 or LBP 3 stand a chance, but I think Far Cry 4, Driveclub, Forza Horizon 2 and The Evil Within all have a good shot at GOTY.

Nkh3 said:
BraLoD said:
After Destiny bad reception, I really don't know who can win this.
Maybe Mario Kart 8? But seems hard to happen. Is Unity coming this year? It may have a big chance now.

----> Dark Souls 2 got great reviews and it was a great game.It should get some Goty awards.

Everybody forgets about Dark Souls 2....is it because it was last gen only?

It's funny though, a last gen game only and a remastered last gen game obliterated (in terms of reviews) all the super hyped "next gen" games.

But it's only been a year and imo there are decent enough games to play on next gen.

I remembered it some seconds before you posted this