By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor or Fail ? : Monster Hunter 4 for WiiU ( WiiU logo on a MH4U banner)

cycycychris said:
globalisateur said:
Maybe the 3 years exclusivity helped them sell Monster hunter on handheld, but what about the home consoles and the overall situation?

And the game (MH3) have being selling very well in japan but only on 3DS and at a really low cost in the end.

My point is that that maybe the game would have sold a bit less on Vita, but maybe much more on console (PS3/PS4) and much more overall if they had made the game multiplat (even if with some cheap port on PS consoles).

Is Capcom really in a great financial situation currently thanks to MH exclusivity deal? Don't you think they very much planned the 3DS would sell like DS, and the Wii U like Wii in Japan instead of what we had?

I don't think they want to make a full fledge HD monster hunter game though. To make this game on the PS4 would be very expensive, with the console not selling well in Japan and not a huge market for this game in the west. Is it really work the effort? The Wii U version of MH3U was just a port of the 3DS version with visual of a early Xbox 360 game. It was a quick cheap port. They want to avoid the cost of HD at any cost. WIth the adience currently on 3DS. Vita going to have suffer. Unless the don't make another deal and are willing to port it.

MH3 U blows away MH3rd... Twice the pixels & fps... Way better visuals...

Around the Network

ANOTHER great Wii U exclusive!

Probably just a mislabel, but if I really believe maybe it will come true

IamAwsome said:

I say real. If 3 for the Wii U was a "smash hit" by Capcom's own admission then the next game coming to Wii U shouldn't surprise anyone.

This is Capcom we're talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make MH4U for whatever dumb reason!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

cycycychris said:

I didn't say the game as bad, beacaused I loved MH3U for the Wii U. My point with that was it was a cheap port that they avoid making into a game that takes advantage of the Wii U power. They are avoiding the costs of HD.

Yes, exactly. the Wii U game is only a up-res / better fps 3DS game which in itself is really similar to the Wii game... how many years can they continue to give us the same technically dated games released on a antique system & ecosystem (mainly lack of really steam-ish unified account)? 

I am not sure exclusivity with Nintendo hardware is good for long term. They are now too much dependant of only Nintendo handhelds with their Nintendo dated ecosystem/hardware. That's never good for the long term. Already the console version (forever tied to Nintendo home consoles) is already compromised because of the Wii U commercially semi-failure.

One day when they'll have to develop their franchise on a real powerfull & modern hardware, they will totally lack the experience to do so.  And that day will inevitably happen because nothing lasts indefinitely.

It reminds me Nintendo who completely got lazy during Wii era and didn't prepare their development teams to modern HD programming. Now they have the HD skills, barely, but everyone else is already making polished full HD games with GPGPU rendering/physics/particles stuff...

Around the Network
globalisateur said:
cycycychris said:

I didn't say the game as bad, beacaused I loved MH3U for the Wii U. My point with that was it was a cheap port that they avoid making into a game that takes advantage of the Wii U power. They are avoiding the costs of HD.

Yes, exactly. the Wii U game is only a up-res / better fps 3DS game which in itself is really similar to the Wii game... how many years can they continue to give us the same technically dated games released on a antique system & ecosystem (mainly lack of really steam-ish unified account)? 

I am not sure exclusivity with Nintendo hardware is good for long term. They are now too much dependant of only Nintendo handhelds with their Nintendo dated ecosystem/hardware. That's never good for the long term. Already the console version (forever tied to Nintendo home consoles) is already compromised because of the Wii U commercially semi-failure.

One day when they'll have to develop their franchise on a real powerfull & modern hardware, they will totally lack the experience to do so.  And that day will inevitably happen because nothing lasts indefinitely.

It reminds me Nintendo who completely got lazy during Wii era and didn't prepare their development teams to modern HD programming. Now they have the HD skills, barely, but everyone else is already making polished full HD games with GPGPU rendering/physics/particles stuff...

Or they will just sell another 3-4 million copies of Monster Hunter 5 on the Nintendo Fusion system and laugh all the way to the bank.

Monster Hunter is primarily a portable driven franchise, just because a tiny niche audience in the West is clamouring for a mega-budget console MH game doesn't mean Capcom would be smart to oblige. 

The next Nintendo handheld (Fusion) will probably have graphics similar to the Wii U, so you'll get a nice bump in visual fidelity likely for Monster Hunter 5. 

I don't Capcom will have much trouble adjusting either, they've been programming in HD since 2005, they can easily add art/technical staff to the MH team that would have no issue dealing with HD assets/programming. I don't see that being much of any issue when the time comes for MH5 or 6. 

This is the most truest true ever.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

that would be nice....

cycycychris said:

There's still the problem of there no market for this game on the PS4. You want them to completely remake this game on the PS4 and that's just way to costly for 500-700k in sales. The system isn't selling in Japan and consoles aren't hot in Japan anymore. And there's not enough niche fan base in the west to think about affecting the thought process of a PS4 game. The fan base is in handheld and that's where they'll stay. There fan base is now on Nintendo and they'll keep the game on it since they have close around 4 million fans in Japan on it. I really feel that you keep forgettiing this game is only popular in Japan, it hasn't ever taken off in the West.

And I doubt HD will be a problem. Capcom has been making HD game since the 360/PS3, I think they have more than enough experience.

If this game really is coming to the Wii U, It'll probably just be another quick 3DS port, unless Nintendo pays for an HD remake.

I'll add that even though the series is primarily a handheld one it's most successful venture on consoles both in Japan and the west has been on Nintendo platforms with Tri having over 2m units sold, it sort of fits in as Nintendo's consoles don't really follow the mainstream as far as their libraries go which is probably why MH seemed to click with the userbase. MH3rd on PS3 paled in comparison to Tri's success with the latter selling 4 times more, I honestly think some people don't realize that the userbase of PS home consoles don't really go for MH as much as they think.

REAL! I CALL REAL!