By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One Suffers Worst Launch Sales In Recent History For A Home Console In Japan

1/3rd of the previous record lol. I wonder if it can even sell a few thousands next week

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Let Japan crumble under it's stubbornness to vary their taste or support Western games.
I mean how can a whole nation have a common taste for the same genre? Nintendo platformers, JRPGs and dating sims.

Excuse me, but this is a pretty ignorant post. They also have girl touching sims without the dating aspect.

Goatseye said:
Let Japan crumble under it's stubbornness to vary their taste or support Western games.
I mean how can a whole nation have a common taste for the same genre? Nintendo platformers, JRPGs and dating sims.

Eh, GTAV was the most popular PS3 game last year I believe (and probably this year as well).

Edit: But I'd love to see you "vary your taste" and buy what the japs gobble up.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Is this really surprising?

Xbox Brand in Japan

Japan's shrinking console market

No big Japanese Exclusives at launch

... Hell I'm surprised it did 23k lol

BHR-3 said:
  • 2006.11.11 [Sony PlayStation 3] (¥49,980 / ¥59,980) – 88,443 (2 days)

IMO, this was worse.

Around the Network

WOW!!

So many words in the title, that might be some important or relevant information inside...

badgenome said:
Goatseye said:

Excuse me, but this is a pretty ignorant post. They also have girl touching sims without the dating aspect.

No pics or it didn't happen.

But seriously, do you know why they're not fond of Western titles?

It's not even an Asian thing, it's Japanese.

Bet Ouya can beat that

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

iceland said:
Is this really surprising?

Xbox Brand in Japan

Japan's shrinking console market

No big Japanese Exclusives at launch

... Hell I'm surprised it did 23k lol

Pretty much this, not sure how anyone can pretend to act surprised at this -_____-

Goatseye said:

And yet Destiny looks to be doing quite well in Japan, not to mention fighting games, musou titles, and open-world games like Yakuza and GTA.

Imagine that, a broad stereotype that turns out to be painfully inaccurate.