By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Review Thread - 77 meta

starcraft said:
Destiny - Fall of Bungie.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/destiny-celebrates-largest-video-game-launch-in-history/

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
starcraft said:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/destiny-celebrates-largest-video-game-launch-in-history/

I...don't know what you're getting at?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
bananaking21 said:
starcraft said:

I...don't know what you're getting at?

the fall of bungie is them making the most successful new IP in history? 

bananaking21 said:

the fall of bungie is them making the most successful new IP in history?

If you define success as revenue, of course not.

But this thread is about the game's quality - and it represents a noted fall in the quality of Bungie games...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

TLOU was not hyped as hell. I was virutally unknown until it started getting rave reviews. TLOU:RE was Hyped, and that was because it came from TLOU. Recognize TLOU didn't release with 200 game of show of awards like TF but it later got game of the year. Its not hype if its after the release. GTA V is also a GTA game, its always going to be good.

The main concern I've seen with Destiny is despite being Quality, its nothing new, just a hodge podge of old things. Old things that don't exist for older games to be compared too. What is the original Gears of Wars compared to? Doom? Yes its overhyped, but that toxic overhyping didn't exist to the degree it is now.  Also bad writing.

Even if it was boring and safe as some people think, couple years back that would've been an 8

I mean even last year, battlefield which was broken on release got an 85, while this is getting a 75 for being "boring", clearly reviewers are being harsher because we are coming from a time, where reviewers aren't being taken seriously.

Hype is sells games, but its also toxic if the game doesn't meet they hype and sure Bungie kind of sparked it themselves, but Gamers are the ones overhyping everything as well. If you think 2015 will be better with this toxic enviroment persisting, even getting worse, I highly doubt it. I'll be able to count the 90+ games on my hand.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
GOTY Destiny is becoming the DOTY...(D = Dissapointment)..

What do the O, T, and Y mean?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
GamechaserBE said:
GOTY Destiny is becoming the DOTY...(D = Dissapointment)..

What do the O, T, and Y mean?

I thought everyone knew;... GOTY = Game Of The Year.

guess its time to move on to
" far cry 4 or smash bros will be goty"

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Activision should have spent a little bit more money to pay off the big reviewers.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

This is why development budget should be bigger than marketing budget.

Disgraceful for this to happen. All my friends, longtime Halo AND Bungie fans are absolutely gutted by how banal this game turned out to be.