By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Review Thread - 77 meta

bananaking21 said:
starcraft said:

If you define success as revenue, of course not.

But this thread is about the game's quality - and it represents a noted fall in the quality of Bungie games...

quality, specially when its about a form of art, is subjective, and while i am sure the great minds at polygon or quarter to three are giving their very valueable opinion on the game, there score is utterly meaningless when millions of people who played the beta went on to buy the game, to those, and to me, who is very much enjoying the game, and the million others who are as well, the game is hugely successful. metacritic doesnt matter if millions of people who are playing the game are enjoying it, thats the ultimate measure of success. 

How many of those people who bought the game are majorly disappointed though? I'd wait until atleast MCC and COD come out and the first expansion before I deem this game a success. If the population online can hold even after both COD and MCC come out and the first DLC has good sales then I'd consider the game as a success but as of right now, activision's marketing of the game has been the only success.

Around the Network

lol you lot are still judging the early reviews calling the game a fail, look's to me like modern gamers want everything unlocked from the get go or a game that can be completed with ease, i prefer a grind fest as that really is the only way to realistically get your moneys worth, just because the game is developed by the same team who made Halo does this mean PD should make GT like Motor Toon GP?, it's a new IP like many it's going to have a bit of a rough start just look how Halo turned out!

Edit lets just forget about Halo: Spartan Assault

Edit been a while since i saw the  Halo: Combat Evolved reviews 97%

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.