By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - As Xbox One Launches in Japan, Akihabara Gamers Really Aren’t Standing in Line

console gaming is dying over there anyways, not really sure what people expected. Plus MS has no exclusive JRPGs, it's going to be pretty bad.

Around the Network

Some posters in this thread are embarrassing.
At the very least, MS tried. And I hope they continue to try. All these internet armchair ceos saying they should screw Japan clearly don't understand how important that market is.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

They could have tried at least...But not, they prefered to use money on useless timed exclusives instead of big japanese games. So they didnt deserve more, they had to prove their console has a futur for japanese and not just launch it and let them guess the futur of an american console there.

I bet 15k FW

500k LFT since there are no big japanese games like 360 had

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

gooch_destroyer said:
MB1025 said:
Josiah said:

The tweet is real.

Obligatory:

So is GAFS ability of only being able to post pictures and pretend to laugh about it.

Who's pretending?

Everyone who ever posts OMG I AM LAUGHING SO HARD THIS THREAD JUST KEEPS ON GIVING.

Please just grow up already.

binary solo said:
But the timestamps on all those photos are before 5:30AM. Even the most committed xbox fan in Japan knows it's not necessary to line up so early to buy an Xbox on launch day in Japan. Japan isn't even going to be Xbox's biggest tier 2 market.

This and why are we expecting to see lines for somthing going to sell 20-40k?

Around the Network
Aerys said:

They could have tried at least...But not, they prefered to use money on useless timed exclusives instead of big japanese games. So they didnt deserve more, they had to prove their console has a futur for japanese and not just launch it and let them guess the futur of an american console there.

I bet 15k FW

500k LFT since there are no big japanese games like 360 had

Seconded.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Also I just checked he didn't even retweet it. All he did was reply sarcastically because the picture was sent to him.

MB1025 said:

Everyone who ever posts OMG I AM LAUGHING SO HARD THIS THREAD JUST KEEPS ON GIVING.

Please just grow up already.

What if they are actually laughing, huh?

Don't take things too seriously, bruh.

Chicken and phones. That's the argument? I dont see how video games compare to chicken and phones but ok.

todd2r said:
Chicken and phones. That's the argument? I dont see how video games compare to chicken and phones but ok.

Did you click my link? Nope.

Let me help you. "“They were very American..."