By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - As Xbox One Launches in Japan, Akihabara Gamers Really Aren’t Standing in Line

Josiah said:

I don't know what you mean?

Would you prefer:

Or this?:

Around the Network

Yep. Absolutely. Its no coincidence that the U.K. is the second best selling market other than north America. The U.K. is willing to give American products a chance. Everywhere else? Nope. Prove me wrong.

todd2r said:
So Japan hates American products? Im not exactly shocked. Oh wait, the rest of world hates American products too? Im still not shocked. It wouldn't matter if they had the best line-up in game history and the damn machine was 5 dollars or yen or whatever, they would still lose. Seems like just a huge opportunity for a sony circle jerk to me. No one can say they are shocked by this.

Iphone to kitkat are doing extremely well in Japan. Becasue they understood the market. Japan acts differently than rest of the world.

todd2r said:
Yep. Absolutely. Its no coincidence that the U.K. is the second best selling market other than north America. The U.K. is willing to give American products a chance. Everywhere else? Nope. Prove me wrong.

Iphone.

Edit: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-13-why-xbox-failed-in-japan

gooch_destroyer said:

Or this?:

Girls......

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:
todd2r said:
So Japan hates American products? Im not exactly shocked. Oh wait, the rest of world hates American products too? Im still not shocked. It wouldn't matter if they had the best line-up in game history and the damn machine was 5 dollars or yen or whatever, they would still lose. Seems like just a huge opportunity for a sony circle jerk to me. No one can say they are shocked by this.

I guess you've never heard of the iPhone...

One product?!????????  That's the defense? One product?  A phone?!!!!!!???????  Well I guess you can say that India loves Florida oranges too so I guess im wrong. Everyone loves American product!!!!!  I was wrong. 

daredevil.shark said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
daredevil.shark said:

What Japanese games have they announced?

Isn't scale bound Japanese? Phantom dust? D4? Phil said they have multiple Japanese games in development. They will be announced at some point.

They are certainly Japanese games. But I should have clarified my point. What "Japan-centric" games have they announced? Like persona 5, dragon quest or yakuza; which are basically system seller in Japan. No offense but I dont think Xbox One will get much Japan centric games in future.

I don't know much about Japanese games as I don't play them. But I do know microsoft will create or partner with publishers/developers to create new IPS or bring existing games to the Xbox one. Phil is now the man and he is stepping up his game.

todd2r said:
FIT_Gamer said:
todd2r said:

One product?!????????  That's the defense? One product?  A phone?!!!!!!???????  Well I guess you can say that India loves Florida oranges too so I guess im wrong. Everyone loves American product!!!!!  I was wrong. 

Coca-Cola? There's two for ya. No more whining.

FIT_Gamer said:
todd2r said:
FIT_Gamer said:
todd2r said:

Coca-Cola? There's two for ya. No more whining.

McDonalds, KFC ect.

Not Japan's fault.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
daredevil.shark said:

They are certainly Japanese games. But I should have clarified my point. What "Japan-centric" games have they announced? Like persona 5, dragon quest or yakuza; which are basically system seller in Japan. No offense but I dont think Xbox One will get much Japan centric games in future.

I don't know much about Japanese games as I don't play them. But I do know microsoft will create or partner with publishers/developers to create new IPS or bring existing games to the Xbox one. Phil is now the man and he is stepping up his game.

Then I think you dont know the history of xbox in Japan. Its not about patriotism but its about games. And Xbox is struggling to have good exclusives in west and in Japan the situation is far far fragile.