By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - As Xbox One Launches in Japan, Akihabara Gamers Really Aren’t Standing in Line

MB1025 said:
Josiah said:

The tweet is real.

Obligatory:

So is GAFS ability of only being able to post pictures and pretend to laugh about it.

Who's pretending?

Around the Network

Not that we hear too many people pushing it anymore, but the theory that the PS4 was selling better than the XBO largely because of global availability is looking pretty suspect.

The XBO should still get a decent bump for the week following, but seeing as how MS hasn't exactly pinned their hopes and dreams on tier 2 regional sales, maybe those remaining hold outs will do likewise.

Areal-Llort said:
Japan will never like any American products, so who cares.

This is not true at all.

daredevil.shark said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
There are no Japanese games at launch for them to buy. They will buy it as soon as these Japanese games launch.

What Japanese games have they announced?

Isn't scale bound Japanese? Phantom dust? D4? Phil said they have multiple Japanese games in development. They will be announced at some point.

MB1025 said:
Josiah said:
BraLoD said:
drdante said:
well....explain this

This tweet is fake, please tell me it's fake...

The tweet is real.

Obligatory:

So is GAFS ability of only being able to post pictures and pretend to laugh about it.

I don't know what you mean?

Would you prefer:

Around the Network

So Japan hates American products? Im not exactly shocked. Oh wait, the rest of world hates American products too? Im still not shocked. It wouldn't matter if they had the best line-up in game history and the damn machine was 5 dollars or yen or whatever, they would still lose. Seems like just a huge opportunity for a sony circle jerk to me. No one can say they are shocked by this.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Isn't scale bound Japanese? Phantom dust? D4? Phil said they have multiple Japanese games in development. They will be announced at some point.

They are certainly Japanese games. But I should have clarified my point. What "Japan-centric" games have they announced? Like persona 5, dragon quest or yakuza; which are basically system seller in Japan. No offense but I dont think Xbox One will get much Japan centric games in future.

todd2r said:
So Japan hates American products? Im not exactly shocked. Oh wait, the rest of world hates American products too? Im still not shocked. It wouldn't matter if they had the best line-up in game history and the damn machine was 5 dollars or yen or whatever, they would still lose. Seems like just a huge opportunity for a sony circle jerk to me. No one can say they are shocked by this.

so you're implying the whole world hates xbox just because it's microsoft?

daredevil.shark said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
daredevil.shark said:

They are certainly Japanese games. But I should have clarified my point. What "Japan-centric" games have they announced? Like persona 5, dragon quest or yakuza; which are basically system seller in Japan. No offense but I dont think Xbox One will get much Japan centric games in future.

they have chaos child for launch, which theyre pushing hard to get people to bite on buying in.

nobody is though.

todd2r said:

I guess you've never heard of the iPhone...