By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - As Xbox One Launches in Japan, Akihabara Gamers Really Aren’t Standing in Line

I am shocked there is not Sony level of demand in Japan. Just utterly shocked.

But not as shocked as I am that confirmed insider Yusuf does not even play vidya games apparently.

Around the Network

well you can see the tweet here

BraLoD said:
prinz_valium said:
BraLoD said:

That why I'm wanting to think his tweet is fake... how could he NOT see the picture is fake?

is this the same like some neogaf members?

u guys could not imagine some1 is doing a joke answer about a joke picture?

this is obvious. even a blind guy see its shopped

but its just the yusuf medih hate i smell from all the replies to this tweet

ofc a guy in his position is to incompetent to  get a decent joke and fakepicture right...

makes sense. gamers are so much more smart

It's doesn't seems like a joke to me, really.
And calm down buddy. I hate no one O.o

so its seems like he is an idiot to you?

because thats the only both possiblities in that case ;)

gald u hate no1. thats very rare.

but for sure many guys on the internet "hate" yusuf. or just pretend to

BraLoD said:
drdante said:
BraLoD said:

This tweet is fake, please tell me it's fake...

the tweet is not fake...the picture is.

look carefully and you can see a same guy with orange shirt 2-3 times....and there's more

That why I'm wanting to think his tweet is fake... how could he NOT see the picture is fake?

The pic most likely showed up on his twitter as a link. Instead of checking the picture and thinking we were dealing with grownups he most likely just shared the photo link.

He should get shit for thinking people in the gaming community were decent human beings, but nope. Just a cesspool of scumbags.

MB1025 said:
BraLoD said:
drdante said:
BraLoD said:

the tweet is not fake...the picture is.

look carefully and you can see a same guy with orange shirt 2-3 times....and there's more

The pic most likely showed up on his twitter as a link. Instead of checking the picture and thinking we were dealing with grownups he most likely just shared the photo link.

He should get shit for thinking people in the gaming community were decent human beings, but nope. Just a cesspool of scumbags.

okay nvm i was wrong

thats option 3 what could be right

Around the Network

Why would there be a line anyway? I thought the whole point of waiting in line was to make sure you get it before it's sold out, and nobody, not even MS, expects XOne to sell out in Japan immediately.
Surely there will be plenty of shoppers strolling into stores during the day to pick up the console.

I'd say that I'm surprised that there aren't any people waiting for it at all, but I think everyone knows that there will be no shortage of them anytime soon. Why wait in line?
There are no major titles released today. PS4 has been out for a long time. If they really wanted any Xbox titles, they could have imported one by now.
Of course, the Xbox has never been popular in Japan, the Xbox 360's success didn't get it very far there, handhelds are selling and not consoles so much, etc.
It's not really surprising to anyone who's not in denial about it, but it's a rather pitiful sight.

Burek said:
Why would there be a line anyway? I thought the whole point of waiting in line was to make sure you get it before it's sold out, and nobody, not even MS, expects XOne to sell out in Japan immediately.
Surely there will be plenty of shoppers strolling into stores during the day to pick up the console.

because some hype early adaptors.

ask the iphone 6 guys...

prinz_valium said:
Burek said:

because some hype early adaptors.

ask the iphone 6 guys...

But iPhone regularly sells out on day one. XBox will not sell out even on day eleven, that's why nobody is willing to waste time standing in line.

Does anybody expect lines for XOne in Slovakia, Hungary or Denmark? I'm sure the pictures will be about the same there... I mean, there were probably lines for XOne in Germany and UK, and to this day you can still buy a Day One edition console there. So it's not like people are afraid they'll miss out on something...

BraLoD said:
drdante said:
well....explain this

The tweet is real.

Obligatory: