By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can the Wii U play pirated games?

Tagged games:

Should I buy a pirated or original?

Pirated. 15 17.05%

Original. 72 81.82%

Total:87

You probably could since the Wii hardware is desperate from the Wii U hardware as others have said. I am sure eBay and the such have an original copy.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

AFAIK the Wii menu in the Wii U can be softmodded just like a Wii

i have done it to my wii, but thats only to play games i didnt take care of when i was younger. I didnt like the wii much, it just wasnt for me, especially the remotes. Im not sure about the wii u though. You can get a wii for 20 bucks, seriously and just softmod it.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

I assume most people play the pirated Wii-games on their PC with Dolphin in HD. But the Wii could be hacked, I'm not sure if every version. The same may be the case with the Wii-mode of the WiiU, but as far as I know WiiUs itself aren't hacked yet.

And I have to ask: Is Xenoblade really that scarce in America? It's pretty much available in europe, although pricey:
http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-Xenoblade-Chronicles/dp/B0058NLQZM/ref=sr_1_1/275-7610108-1129209?ie=UTF8&qid=1409406447&sr=8-1&keywords=xenoblade

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I live in the Philippines, so I have no access to Ebay or something like that.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

pirating is bad

I just searched our version of Ebay, and found nothing.

Mnementh said:
I assume most people play the pirated Wii-games on their PC with Dolphin in HD. But the Wii could be hacked, I'm not sure if every version. The same may be the case with the Wii-mode of the WiiU, but as far as I know WiiUs itself aren't hacked yet.

And I have to ask: Is Xenoblade really that scarce in America? It's pretty much available in europe, although pricey:
http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-Xenoblade-Chronicles/dp/B0058NLQZM/ref=sr_1_1/275-7610108-1129209?ie=UTF8&qid=1409406447&sr=8-1&keywords=xenoblade

Really? Maybe I should sell my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles I bought back in January for 10eur

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Ode is coming.

You can hack the wii mode of the wiiu via using the smash stack hack but you will need a legit copy of super smash bros brawl to do this as well as a sd card. It is also not permanent so u have to do it everytime u turn off or get out of the wii mode

I did try this for myself with the original wii and it worked but havnt tried it with the wiiu but according to the internet, it works so...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850