By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can the Wii U play pirated games?

Tagged games:

Should I buy a pirated or original?

Pirated. 15 17.05%

Original. 72 81.82%

Total:87

I'd just Dolphin it. I don't usually support pirating, though I'd say a game like Xenoblade is is a special case since it had a limited run and its like $100.

You could also wait for the 3DS version to come out, even if you don't buy a new 3DS the prices for the Wii version will probably go down a bit once it comes out.

Around the Network

Just... Don't BUY the pirated version. Download it yourself, you can boot it from a burned CD, an external HDD or even a pendrive (at least on a Wii). No need to pay someone for an illegal copy!

BTW. I have to finally get to modding my Wii :/ I bought that stupid No More Heroes in Canada (the EU version is censonred), but never got to playing it, cause I didn't mod the Wii to lift the region lock

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

No one heard of ode, huh. A good sign I guess.

mysteryman said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
Just shell out $50 and support the company

Is Xenoblade Chronicles available at retail anymore?

Not that I'm condoning piracy, but you'd only be supporting resellers who are in part responsible for limited run games selling out so quickly and then reaching astronomical resale values.

I'm pretty sure GameStop has it for $50 but then again they are GameStop....

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

FiveOVER said:
No one heard of ode, huh. A good sign I guess.

A bad one imo. The Wii U is doing so bad, that nobody even cares to pirate the games. But I just checked it out and wow. If they really hack the Wii U in a safe way, it would make my purchase that much faster :P

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.