By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Announce New Nintendo 3DS And New Nintendo 3DS LL

Gimme dat price cut for the original models! ;) For me the old 3DS has good enough library already, they could have labelled this 4DS with the backward compatibility.

Carpe diem!

Around the Network
piete said:
Gimme dat price cut for the original models! ;) For me the old 3DS has good enough library already, they could have labelled this 4DS with the backward compatibility.

That would imply they are stopping 3DS game development though which they arent

ktay95 said:
daredevil.shark said:
Still no additional analog nob?

Above the ABXY buttons, its only small. Hopefully it feels alright

Just checked it. Its way too small. Nintendo still refuses to include full scale analog nub.

Ninricken said:
It's not the problem for me to buy a new 3DS if it is worth money (let's wait what will be exclusive to it) but I am thinking about all the data on my current 3DS. I still can't believe that announcement.

You should be able to transfer all your data to the new model.

daredevil.shark said:
ktay95 said:

Above the ABXY buttons, its only small. Hopefully it feels alright

Just checked it. Its way too small. Nintendo still refuses to include full scale analog nub.

Think they are selling like the c-stick for the gamecube.

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
ktay95 said:
Dadrik said:

People weren't angry when the DSi was announced because its exclusive games weren't important at all. There were NO big exclusives, not even "Medium-sized" exclusives.

Here, we have a big game, which sequel is highly anticipated on the WiiU.

So no, it's not like the DSi. And that's why people are mad.

Lol DSi actually had exclusives, New 3DS is just getting a game available on Wii and therefore WiiU already so far.

Did you even read what I wrote ?

Nintendo DSi exclusives: 5

- Face Training (OHMYGOD AAA)

- Foto Showdown (MUST HAVE OMG)

- GhostWire (never released...)

- Hair Salon (system seller, GOTY, GOTG, etc...)

- System Flaw (how big was it, seriously ?)

The VERY FIRST New 3DS exclusive is freaking Xenoblade Chronicles, the best JRPG of last gen, and the greatest in a very long time, and its sequel is an AAA game highly anticipated on WiiU.

This is completely different. So why do you act like you ignore all this on purpose ?

The DSi had like a thousand (or whatever) digital only games though, among them Zelda: Four Swords. Personally I'd say it's similar; this is the 3DS's DSi.

I do agree Xenoblade Chronicles is a pretty high profile game to give to this new version, but I doubt there's going to be more than a handful of exclusive games for it. 

I don't understand how this qualifies as a megaton.

Hmm, any idea about support for DS-games and DSi-downlaods? DSi dropped support for GBA and later Wii-models dropped support for GC. I hope they still keep DS- and DSi-support, because I have quite a lot games for these.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Danman27 said:
I don't understand how this qualifies as a megaton.

You dont need to understand.

Mnementh said:
Hmm, any idea about support for DS-games and DSi-downlaods? DSi dropped support for GBA and later Wii-models dropped support for GC. I hope they still keep DS- and DSi-support, because I have quite a lot games for these.

No DS support would mean having to choose between DS compatibility or New 3DS exclusives, unless Nintendo lets you use your account on more than one unit. That would be a big issue for me.