By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 will probably get to around 16 Million by 1 January 2015

wow there are people who think the ps4 is over tracked? after everything that has happened since the 10m announcement. some poeple seem to be living in a dream world.

anyways, 16m will be a cake walk

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
QUAKECore89 said:
I wonder what game they're playing mainly...

1. COD

2. Fifa

3. Destiny

Probably in that order.

I'll laugh so hard if it reached 20M, beyond the impossible

17M was too much for most people few months ago
18M a joke
19M a fanboy dream
20M insanity

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Puppyroach said:
Ninsect said:
Puppyroach said:
I Think PS4 will reach roughly 16M, and X1 around 10M.

So PS4 will sell 1.6m from here and XB1 2.4m? 

It depends on if you believe the VGC numbers or not. They stood at 13.5M shipped at the end of September, and I don't think they have reached that number just yet. I am thinking PS4 is at about 13M sell through right now, X1 is probably more or less correct. If we are talking shipments, then that is another story.

If we go by the low end of monthly Ps4 shipments as of 15 Nov the shipment number is a minimum of 14.7 million. So 13 million sell through LTD as of 15 Nov is also a minimum. But if Sony managed to ramp up production capacity and ship 2 million per month from beginning of Oct, the shipments could be as high as 16 million as of 15 Nov which means 14.4M sell through is also possible. TBH I am surprised at the size of PS4's adjustment and I think VGC may have overshot. Imo the market is very predictable unless something disruptive happens, like a price cut, and we had the 10 million sell through announcement as a benchmark.

First year on the market Sept-dec ~ Jan to Jul. Can be close to 1.5x but that's about asbhigh as it is likelihood go. So the most probable range based on the 10 million sell through announcement is 16.5 million to 19.5 million. 16.5 is about 1:1, 19.5 is about 1:1.5.

Assuming sales patterns remain consistent with previous generations next year the sales ratio will be about 2:1. Possibly more if Ps4 gets a $100 price cut late next year.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Dallinor said:
QUAKECore89 said:
I wonder what game they're playing mainly...

1. COD

2. Fifa

3. Destiny

Probably in that order.

Don't forget Minecraft!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

I believe PS4 will be 20 million by January 1st too :D (count black friday + christmas giant boosts). I hope consumers get grazy and buy lots of consoles.