By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Angry Rant about Tomb Raider 2

Puppyroach said:
Was he as upset with the Destiny DLC exclusivity deal Sony made with Activision? :)

I thought it was fun to Watch but it almost seems as he is a newbie in the industry. These kind of deals have been going on since the NES Days.

You're picking fights. MS started that war with COD and the early DLC to the Xbox 360.  Joe was right and he owns both next gen MS and Sony consoles. He's getting Tomb Raider anyway, but he'd rather play it on PC. This is his first gen owning a Sony console and even he has to admit Microsoft plays around too much with gamers. Most of his rants this gen have been about MS since the start because MS is acting like a true anti-consumer company. They just can't help themselves.

Spencer had to clear the air today that Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive. This means they needed a game to use to compete against Uncharted because they have nothing to combat against it. The way they worded it was wrong like it was a true exclusive and when MS says exclusive its always suspect because they are always screwing over gamers just to measure up to the competition.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Puppyroach said:
Was he as upset with the Destiny DLC exclusivity deal Sony made with Activision? :)

I thought it was fun to Watch but it almost seems as he is a newbie in the industry. These kind of deals have been going on since the NES Days.

You're picking fights. MS started that war with COD and the early DLC to the Xbox 360.  Joe was right and he owns both next gen MS and Sony consoles. He's getting Tomb Raider anyway, but he'd rather play it on PC. This is his first gen owning a Sony console and even he has to admit Microsoft plays around too much with gamers. Most of his rants this gen have been about MS since the start because MS is acting like a true anti-consumer company. They just can't help themselves.

Spencer had to clear the air today that Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive. This means they needed a game to use to compete against Uncharted because they have nothing to combat against it. The way they worded it was wrong like it was a true exclusive and when MS says exclusive its always suspect because they are always screwing over gamers just to measure up to the competition.

Who am I picking a fight with? You say the strangest things sometimes...

Who´s worse, the starting a war or the one maintaining it? But that might be a topic for another thread. I personally don´t have a problem with MS or Sony doing these delas. I annoyed the hell out of me when Sony basically bought timed exclusivity to alot of games during the Saturn days but in hindsight, I completely understand why they did it.

With the Destiny DLC, as I understand it, some content will be locked WITHIN the DLC we on the XBox side buy for a full year. That is actually a company (Sony), paying another company (Activision) to prevent consumers that buy a product to even get the full product. I have personally never heard of such a thing and seems like the next "dirty" step that overshadows anything in moneyhatting of games, deals thet gets DLC to some ahead of others and so on.

It would be like bying a game but you won´t be able to play all the stages for a year because a competing company has payed the publisher to do so. I am actually amazed that it is even legal.

I love Microsoft for that :D It's always fun to watch things like that on YouTube :D And I really hope that Microsoft will make alot more of those exclusive deals, and trust me they will ;)

No offence to AJ, but he needs to stick with game reviews!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It boggles my mind to see some people are okay with PR/Cooperate BS lies.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Hiku said:
vivster said:
Hiku said:

I'm not expecting total honesty or nothing. And I doubt Joe was either. He's read through too many of these PR letters to be that naive. But there are many degrees in between total honesty and the slap-in-the-face insulting-your-inteligence kind of lies. And this one had a few of the latter. More vague and less insulting lies are usually a much better approach.

Tell me what they could've said without lying and without earning even more hate.

You must have misread my post, because I specifically said "more vague or less insulting lies", so I don't know why you're asking me for a no lies example.
I highlighted them above now though. Can't miss it.

People are going to get upset over the deal regardless of course if they dont like it. But it can be done without insulting the fans inteligence, and treating them like idiots to boot. A more vague and less insulting lie is for example the usual corpporate BS  "we think this is the best cource of action for us and the franchise" as it's not exactly clear on how, and it requires assumptions on your part. But when they tell you that they're reaching out to a wider audience by cutting their instal base into a much smaller fraction of what it was, they're seemingly assuming that you don't understand the basic principles of mathematics. That's how highly they think of the fans they wrote that letter to.

If the gamer knows the truth there is no such thing as a "less insulting lie". Every lie will be met with the same level of criticism because the game knows it is a blatant lie. It's obviously not the best course of action. Because the best course of action for any franchise is getting it into more gamer hands. Even the most dense people will catch onto this and regard it as an insulting lie.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Lara is not pronounced 'Laura'.

Just saying.

Hmm, pie.

TheTwilightTriforce said:
I love Microsoft for that :D It's always fun to watch things like that on YouTube :D And I really hope that Microsoft will make alot more of those exclusive deals, and trust me they will ;)

Microsoft does it because they can't keep up with Sonys development cycle. If Sony started to moneyhat like MS they would become overwhelmed.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft does it because they can't keep up with Sonys development cycle. If Sony started to moneyhat like MS they would become overwhelmed.

This is just not true ;)

S.T.A.G.E. said:

This is just not true ;)

Ok...show me how many games MS studios have made that can combat Sony's internal development. Its quite obvious and even the gaming media has long since questioned Microsofts development prowess. Microsoft supplements a lack of internal games by using timed exclusives and buying IP's from other developers. Halo, Gears & Rarewares titles were all purchased and not internally made by MS. Halo was purchased by MS after Apple unveiled Halo as the next great game to prove the power of the mac computer in the gaming space. That pissed off Steve Jobs to no end when he and Apple were funding it from the conceptual stages. Gears of War was bought by MS because they are creatively and financially dependent of the franchise and compensated Epic who wanted to work on other games. Microsoft also publishes outside companies games to keep them exclusive to their platforms and fill out their ranks since internally they aren't so strong. 

If MS was a creative company who truly endorsed creavity and expanding yourself as a company, Bungie would never have left them. They suck the creativity out of creative people. If a hot game comes out they buy it and send it through the ringer. Luckily their focus is multiplayer so the utility tends to trump. Sony doesnt just publish their games like MS, they make endorse development expansion into multiple teams for successful teams (Naughty Dog has been reward with expanded studios for success and so has Guerilla Games), help outside companies who are under contract to develop their games (Demon Souls, The Order, etc). Sony Japan and Sony Santa Monica could easily develop their own top notch AAA games but they are used to help development easier for other companies internally or not.

If Sony had bought last gen Bungie Halo and Destiny would've been out last gen.  They would've been onto their third or fourth franchise. Thats just an example of the creative difference between MS and Sony.