By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Angry Rant about Tomb Raider 2

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheTwilightTriforce said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I love Microsoft for that :D It's always fun to watch things like that on YouTube :D And I really hope that Microsoft will make alot more of those exclusive deals, and trust me they will ;)

Microsoft does it because they can't keep up with Sonys development cycle. If Sony started to moneyhat like MS they would become overwhelmed.

This is just not true ;)

Ok...show me how many games MS studios have made that can combat Sony's internal development. Its quite obvious and even the gaming media has long since questioned Microsofts development prowess. Microsoft supplements a lack of internal games by using timed exclusives and buying IP's from other developers. Halo, Gears & Rarewares titles were all purchased and not internally made by MS. Halo was purchased by MS after Apple unveiled Halo as the next great game to prove the power of the mac computer in the gaming space. That pissed off Steve Jobs to no end when he and Apple were funding it from the conceptual stages. Gears of War was bought by MS because they are creatively and financially dependent of the franchise and compensated Epic who wanted to work on other games. Microsoft also publishes outside companies games to keep them exclusive to their platforms and fill out their ranks since internally they aren't so strong. 

If MS was a creative company who truly endorsed creavity and expanding yourself as a company, Bungie would never have left them. They suck the creativity out of creative people. If a hot game comes out they buy it and send it through the ringer. Luckily their focus is multiplayer so the utility tends to trump. Sony doesnt just publish their games like MS, they make endorse development expansion into multiple teams for successful teams (Naughty Dog has been reward with expanded studios for success and so has Guerilla Games), help outside companies who are under contract to develop their games (Demon Souls, The Order, etc). Sony Japan and Sony Santa Monica could easily develop their own top notch AAA games but they are used to help development easier for other companies internally or not.

If Sony had bought last gen Bungie Halo and Destiny would've been out last gen.  They would've been onto their third or fourth franchise. Thats just an example of the creative difference between MS and Sony.

This is just not true :)

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ok...show me how many games MS studios have made that can combat Sony's internal development. Its quite obvious and even the gaming media has long since questioned Microsofts development prowess. Microsoft supplements a lack of internal games by using timed exclusives and buying IP's from other developers. Halo, Gears & Rarewares titles were all purchased and not internally made by MS. Halo was purchased by MS after Apple unveiled Halo as the next great game to prove the power of the mac computer in the gaming space. That pissed off Steve Jobs to no end when he and Apple were funding it from the conceptual stages. Gears of War was bought by MS because they are creatively and financially dependent of the franchise and compensated Epic who wanted to work on other games. Microsoft also publishes outside companies games to keep them exclusive to their platforms and fill out their ranks since internally they aren't so strong. 

If MS was a creative company who truly endorsed creavity and expanding yourself as a company, Bungie would never have left them. They suck the creativity out of creative people. If a hot game comes out they buy it and send it through the ringer. Luckily their focus is multiplayer so the utility tends to trump. Sony doesnt just publish their games like MS, they make endorse development expansion into multiple teams for successful teams (Naughty Dog has been reward with expanded studios for success and so has Guerilla Games), help outside companies who are under contract to develop their games (Demon Souls, The Order, etc). Sony Japan and Sony Santa Monica could easily develop their own top notch AAA games but they are used to help development easier for other companies internally or not.

If Sony had bought last gen Bungie Halo and Destiny would've been out last gen.  They would've been onto their third or fourth franchise. Thats just an example of the creative difference between MS and Sony.

This is just not true :)

You obviously have a better understanding of how Sony runs things opposed to MS so show me the way. Show me what is true. ;)

The truth is that Sony and Microsoft have the same amount of First Party Studios and that Microsoft has now a greater selection of different games and more games than Sony ;)

The truth is that Sony and Microsoft have the same amount of First Party Studios and that Microsoft has now a greater selection of different games and more games than Sony ;)

LOL...thats laughable. Lets just wait for the next MS money hat once Sony's internal studios keep coming up with new games, shall we/?

If that is true then they wouldn't have to keep making Halo/Forza like every other year, or moneyhat TR now wouldn't they?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

If that is true then they wouldn't have to keep making Halo/Forza like every other year, or moneyhat TR now wouldn't they?

But at least they must not remaster a one year old game to have games ;)

I really hate PlayStation Fanboys and I can't wait for Sony going bankrupt and everytime I read those thing like wrote I hope it happens a day earlier ;)

User was banned for this post. - Viper.

deskpro2k3 said:

Like how MS not remastering old Halo games?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Like how MS not remastering old Halo games?

Halo games are FUCKING 10 years old, thats a difference!!!

MS should moneyhat more titles. If they want to compete, just having the odd timed exclusive here and there doesn't make much sense. If you're going in on one, you might as well get 2-3 in a tight period of time to really hammer home the point.

deskpro2k3 said:

I really hate PlayStation Fanboys and I can't wait for Sony going bankrupt and everytime I read those thing like wrote I hope it happens a day earlier ;)

This is so irrational and full of hate. The most self sufficient companies at makes games goes as follows:

Nintendo> Sony >>>>>>>>>MS

I like Sony better though because they make more new IP's than any other company every gen.