By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Timed Exclusive for Xbox

It's not like Playstation fans were outraged because Halo or Gears were exclusive, they expect that. Tomb Raider was unexpected and Microsoft didn't help by being purposefully vague. I think it's completely understandable. I was certainly pissed. Crystal Dynamics, "just play Osiris and the definitive edition. We care about you." was the biggest freaking middle finger to a fan base I've ever seen.

This industry in general (all publishers) would greatly benefit us gamers if they would stop trying to fool us with every fake gameplay video or misrepresented exclusive they purvey. It's getting pretty bad when the first thing you assume is the negative outcome and that becomes the realistic and probable outcome in situations like this.

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
jnemesh said:

Well, except for the point that "half" of the PS4s games that the Xbox does have as well still run better and look better on the PS4.  Face it, you buy an Xbox if you are a Halo fan, period.  Everyone else buys a PS4.

Except for the FACT that buying an Xbox DOES NOT mean you are a Halo fan....way to generalize a fanbase smh.....posts like these are not needed and serve no purpose but to try and get under peoples skin.

I apologize, I posted in a fit of spite.  Sorry.

jnemesh said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Except for the FACT that buying an Xbox DOES NOT mean you are a Halo fan....way to generalize a fanbase smh.....posts like these are not needed and serve no purpose but to try and get under peoples skin.

I apologize, I posted in a fit of spite.  Sorry.

It's cool man  like I told Ron can't let peopel get under your skin like that and have you get out of character to where posts like that one are made. Because as a gaming fan we both know that just isn't true....so no big deal man I just hate to see comments like that from any fanbase.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

SubiyaCryolite said:
Daaaaaamn. Great move for Microsoft. Not so great for everyone else.

No its not. The reboot was a poor man's Uncharted, TR wasnt AAA since the first trilogy. This will do 2 million  and pretty much make it certain that it will never be able to become one of the big franchises.

Lets face it, for MS to even have the slightest chance of outselling Sony this gen, they would have needed an exclusive main entry of CoD/AC and GTA. A second tier franchise will be a blimp on the radar, just like Titanfall was.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Lol, Micro$oft is scared for Nathan Drake.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Daaaaaamn. Great move for Microsoft. Not so great for everyone else.

No its not. The reboot was a poor man's Uncharted, TR wasnt AAA since the first trilogy. This will do 2 million  and pretty much make it certain that it will never be able to become one of the big franchises.

Lets face it, for MS to even have the slightest chance of outselling Sony this gen, they would have needed an exclusive main entry of CoD/AC and GTA. A second tier franchise will be a blimp on the radar, just like Titanfall was.

I'm a huge fan of Uncharted but the Tomb Raider reboot was excellent. The reason I would give Uncharted the nod was because Tomb Raider lacked humor and the characters were boring. But gameplay was excellent and overall it showed the most developer growth I've ever seen between two titles. Just my opinion.

ErwinMoC said:
Lol, Micro$oft is scared for Nathan Drake.

Its more like Square Enix is afraid of Unharted. Making it a timed exclusive gets them money from Microsoft and their game won't have to compete with Uncharted 4. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Look at some of the above posts (moire specifically erwin and hunter)........... and some people wonder why i get "wound up"?

@ Naruto, thanks for the pep talk, and my apologies for flying off the handle a little bit at you.

lol incredible move. What a bad decision for Crystal D and M$. M$ never finich their ideas (kinect, online 24/24, exclusivity,cloud,...)

very big loosing generation for M$, their last of course.

JPL78 said:
It's not like Playstation fans were outraged because Halo or Gears were exclusive, they expect that. Tomb Raider was unexpected and Microsoft didn't help by being purposefully vague. I think it's completely understandable. I was certainly pissed. Crystal Dynamics, "just play Osiris and the definitive edition. We care about you." was the biggest freaking middle finger to a fan base I've ever seen.

This industry in general (all publishers) would greatly benefit us gamers if they would stop trying to fool us with every fake gameplay video or misrepresented exclusive they purvey. It's getting pretty bad when the first thing you assume is the negative outcome and that becomes the realistic and probable outcome in situations like this.

How about MS's (pre all the 180s) "If you don't have internet, buy a 360!"