By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Timed Exclusive for Xbox

Teeqoz said:
JPL78 said:
It's not like Playstation fans were outraged because Halo or Gears were exclusive, they expect that. Tomb Raider was unexpected and Microsoft didn't help by being purposefully vague. I think it's completely understandable. I was certainly pissed. Crystal Dynamics, "just play Osiris and the definitive edition. We care about you." was the biggest freaking middle finger to a fan base I've ever seen.

This industry in general (all publishers) would greatly benefit us gamers if they would stop trying to fool us with every fake gameplay video or misrepresented exclusive they purvey. It's getting pretty bad when the first thing you assume is the negative outcome and that becomes the realistic and probable outcome in situations like this.

How about MS's (pre all the 180s) "If you don't have internet, buy a 360!"

That was tacky on their part. I think honestly though Microsoft has contributed a lot to gaming. Before they started shedding developers halfway through the 360 life cycle they were BEASTING with exclusives. They helped normalize an online console. They contributed heavily to the growth of seeing PC centric games on console. More than any company they defined what a console would be in a modern time.

I would like to hope they can get back to their glory days. Dropping the required Kinect was a good step but then they turn around and have another PR blunder like this. I think honestly they are a bit scared and they probably should be but they need to be completely humbled by the way PS4 is selling so far and realize it is a direct response, at least in part, to how bad they have fucked up this generation so far.

I know some people think I hate Microsoft becuase I don't currently want an Xbox One but the truth is I have supported them ten times more than most of their fans could even begin to claim. I'm not going to buy a console I don't particularly want so if that makes me a fanboy despite owning every system in my sig, so be it.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:

Look at some of the above posts (moire specifically erwin and hunter)........... and some people wonder why i get "wound up"?

@ Naruto, thanks for the pep talk, and my apologies for flying off the handle a little bit at you.

No big deal and comments like those while bad are still just their opinions. So no need to let them get under your skin man lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Ronster316 said:

Look at some of the above posts (moire specifically erwin and hunter)........... and some people wonder why i get "wound up"?

@ Naruto, thanks for the pep talk, and my apologies for flying off the handle a little bit at you.

No big deal and comments like those while bad are still just their opinions. So no need to let them get under your skin man lol.

I'll try. but it's not bloody easy lol.

Ronster316 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Oh I know lol

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

JPL78 said:
This desperate bullshit, ladies and gentlemen, is a perfect example of why Xbox is losing market share rapidly.

It's not the hardware or their games. It's the company. It's the skeezy shit like this they try to pull.

Really?  I thought you don't slag MS?  You said I should call people out when the spout BS...  Well, OK...

You said you were a gamer...  you said you don't slag MS...  LOL...  You're a gamer when Sony does stuff but when MS does you take the opportunity to call their stuff "Sleezy Shit"...  How is it sleezy to get a game exclusive or timed exclusive to your platform?  You're just pissed because you didn't buy the platform it will ship first on...

You think Sony didn't pay to get Bloodbourne as an exclusive?

What about Sony's practices with DriveClub? It ain't 1080p / 60 FPS nor day/night cycles, nor highly customizable...  All targeted or advertised...

I guess its sleezy to get Activision to exclusively provide a year's timed exclusivity for all Destiny DLC?  And Battlefield Hardline DLC timed exclusivity?

Where is The Last Guardian?  How many years has  Sony promised this game is "still coming"

Where is The Agent?  Wasn't that a third party exclusive Sony promised?  Oh, and they have yet to deliver...

How about the removal of dual-boot on PS3?  That was an important choice for gamers until they removed it...

Didn't they copy X360 Achievements by making trophies?

How about the dropping of BC in the PS3?  So they could sell "HD Collections"!

How about the three weeks that PSN was down a few years back?

They even recycle a one year old game and call it TLOU Re-mastered...  LOL...  And they promised 60 FPS but the game can't hold it, so they give a solid 30 FPS option!

How about their PS3 promise of 1080p and 120 FPS games on the PS3?

How is their support in games for Move this generation?

How about their flip-flop on charging for online gaming?

I could go on all day...

The fact is Sony is a company just like MS and they will take advantage of you and do just as much "sleezy shit" as MS does.  You are so delusional...

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
Ronster316 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Oh I know lol

Don't we all...

Thread title is pretty misleading at this point. There is no indication at all that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming to other platforms.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Thread title is pretty misleading at this point. There is no indication at all that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming to other platforms.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but people in MS admited it is timed today. Sorry.
It was talked about all day.

chocoloco said:
starcraft said:

No they said they have a deal with a limited duration relating to the Tomb Raider franchise to my understanding.

Can you please send me the link indicating which other platforms they have now announced the title for and their release window? I apologise if I missed it!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

chocoloco said:
starcraft said:

Yep, while technically it hasn't been announced for any other platforms Spencer stated when asked if it was timed, "yeah, the deal has a duration."

"Has a duration" equals "timed" unless I'm missing something here.